What is your Android Active Install Rate?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tekmiester
    • Apr 2008

What is your Android Active Install Rate?

I am curious what others are experiencing as far as their active install rate on Android. Essentially this is a measure of how many people download the app and don't uninstall it. Mine is 53%, which seems low, but I think a lot of is related to how the vbulletin mobile appp works. It seems crazy to me that a user is asked to create a login, giving up personal information such as their birthday before they see any of the site (though there is a way to bypass registartion, most users wou't notice it). Furhter since you can't easily influence what content they see when they get to the home page, it doesn't do a great job of hooking new users.
    25-49%
    22.22%
    50-69%
    33.33%
    70-89%
    22.22%
    90-100%
    22.22%
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

I don't know if I personally would ever use an app store, to find a new website by their mobile. I would imagine if I was an active user of your software, and I liked your site, I would download and install amobile app.

Comment

• Jasper Aguila
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.1.x

Since releasing, we've had 190 Total installs with 123 being active installs. 64%

Comment

• CEO254
        • Jan 2008
        • 4.1.x

603 total
        383 active installs (63 %)
        <signature removed by staff>

Comment

• Lizard King
          Banned
          • Mar 2004
          • 3.6.x

We are not using vBulletin mobile application however we have 20k iPhone and 17k Android users in less then 45 days

Comment

• Lizard King
            Banned
            • Mar 2004
            • 3.6.x

We are not using vBulletin mobile application however we have 20k iPhone and 17k Android users in less then 45 days

Comment

• Tekmiester
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Zachery
              I don't know if I personally would ever use an app store, to find a new website by their mobile. I would imagine if I was an active user of your software, and I liked your site, I would download and install amobile app.
              I see what you are saying, but I am hoping for the opposite. I have not even announced the mobile app to my users yet. I have over 500 people who have found it in the app store in the last 2 weeks and downloaded it who have no connection to my site. This should be an awesome way to build to my community if I can hang on to them once they get the app.

Here are my most recent stats:

577 total
              305 active installs (52 %)

Comment

• killerglass
                • May 2007
                • 4.1.x

147 total
                128 active installs (87 %)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...