Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lojo
    • Oct 2010

BB Code Not Recognized/Ignored

I was just testing out the vBulletin Android App on my Android phone and noticed that when viewing this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...one-app-V1.0.1 it did not recognize the BB Code that was used in that thread particularly. If this is a bug, can someone please submit it to the tracker?

Thank you.
  • Kyle Furlong
    • Jan 2011

Hi Lojo, this is a known issue and is actually fixed in the 1.1 version of the android app, which we expect to release soon.

Comment

• MikesSite
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.8.x

Last edited by MikesSite; Tue 17 Jul '12, 3:58pm.

Comment

• Kyle Furlong
        • Jan 2011

I'm not sure where you are referring to for HTML, but a select subset of bbcodes will be supported. If you have a case (after 1.1) where you have bbcode that isn't displaying properly, file a bug report. Also, if we didn't implement a bbcode that you feel is essential to your forum, please let us know by creating an improvement request in JIRA.

Comment

• MikesSite
          • Jan 2009
          • 3.8.x

There are a few forum descriptions of mine that have html in them as well as html allowed in a few sections and user titles, that's what I was referring too.
          Last edited by MikesSite; Sat 7 May '11, 5:33pm.

Comment

• worried
            • Dec 2008
            • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Kyle Furlong
            I'm not sure where you are referring to for HTML, but a select subset of bbcodes will be supported. If you have a case (after 1.1) where you have bbcode that isn't displaying properly, file a bug report. Also, if we didn't implement a bbcode that you feel is essential to your forum, please let us know by creating an improvement request in JIRA.
            I'm using HTML for user titles. HTML is a option under custom user title. Also, my announcements made with HTML unparsed.

Comment

• demo7up
              • Jul 2007
              • 3.6.x

I use bb code for my youtube vidoes is there any way around it so that my videos show up in my posts ??? Most of my site is video based?
              sigpic

Comment

• KSoD
                • May 2011

At this time no. They will have to click on the post itself to bring that post into focus to have the video be seen so they can play it.

Comment

• phantomzer0
                  • Dec 2009

Please support markup for usernames, I had to disable it on my forum just for the mobile app and my forum looks naked now without it! Please!!!

Comment

• Kyle Furlong
                    • Jan 2011

Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate if one of you could open an improvement request for the HTML issue with usernames and forum descriptions.

Thanks!

Comment

• worried
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Kyle Furlong
                      Hi everyone,

I'd appreciate if one of you could open an improvement request for the HTML issue with usernames and forum descriptions.

Thanks!
                      Done: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBM-1324

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...