X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smooth-c
    • Jan 2008
    • 3.8.x

Is It Just Me?

I've held off on buying the Mobile Suite since it's release to simply gather the funds needed. I was intending on making use of the introductory offer of $99.99 - Is it just me, or did anyone else previously read that this offer would go on for a couple of months or so? I definitely remember a member of team saying that.

That's the only reason I didn't struggle to push the funds together quicker. I understand 'introductory' is labelled that title for a reason, but I honestly did see a post stating that it'd last a few months or so.

Maybe I'm going crazy.
  • Ramsesx
    • Aug 2005
    • 3.8.x

Yep, I can remember this well. That's not been a smart move.

Comment

• Gumble
      • Sep 2008

Well not just you, actually I got almost all the funds for one of the licenses and I just got this sad surprise a few minutes ago...

Guess no mobile so soon for us, just sad how things are announced and changed this days.

Comment

• Gumble
        • Sep 2008

BTW where the hell those discount coupons codes come from, if anyone know?

Would like also a reply why changing the price without any notice, hope I find if not someone first the announcement about the special price for longer time.

Comment

• HMBeaty
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Gumble
          BTW where the hell those discount coupons codes come from, if anyone know?
          Pretty sure they don't exist as I've NEVER seen one in the 7 years I've been using vBulletin
          "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
          "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
          "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• Ramsesx
            • Aug 2005
            • 3.8.x

Ok, after some research I'm not sure if there was an official statement how long the introductory offer may last, at least I only found this posts and the following one.

Comment

• killerglass
              • May 2007
              • 4.1.x

I read it was going to be appx a week.

On the other side, with early reports of bugs related to functionality, the inability to register for adwhirl, although thats not their fault.
              Quite honestly as a engineer for 25+ years, I would have flagged this back to PLM for some fixes before release. And no I had nothing to do with the sticky gas pedals on cars LOL

It would be a very kind of them goodwill gesture to extend this a bit for folks at least until the adwhirl or another advertising solution is enabled.

Comment

• Gumble
                • Sep 2008

What piss me off is I found that exactly when I jump to buy it, even worst I could not find any announce mail or anything related about the promo time being closed already, other way I would assume the cost or pressure more the ppl that were helping, now I try to figure how I will tell those that I will refund all the crap, and wth will be doing to the apple account.

Comment

• Leadcrow
                  • Oct 2010

100$ was too little IMO, for 2 apps you can selfpublish. Plans dont necessarily change, just expectations surely do. This introductory pricing surely wasnt going to last for months.

Comment

• smooth-c
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 3.8.x

Well - Regardless of whether it 'surely wasn't going to last for months' is a fact or not - Something different was posted by a member of team.

Comment

• Gumble
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Leadcrow
                      100$ was too little IMO, for 2 apps you can selfpublish. Plans dont necessarily change, just expectations surely do. This introductory pricing surely wasnt going to last for months.
                      But I expect a announcement when it is released (Witch in fact happen even before was available) and before it ends (With seems to happen few hours ago), also such period as pointed out should be considered to be closed after all the issues were fixed and working, but atm I feel very bad about the way how it was changed, you can see 100$ as little I don't see it that way I see it as 99$ + 99$ + 25$ = 223$ now jumped up to 323$ so thats turned something I can't support and cant ask more help to support on a short time.

Its more how you care about your customers and users vs self profit and sorry im getting completely tired of seeing only the second choice since VB4 was launched.

Comment

• punchbowl
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 4.0.x

If you buy it now at $199 when it goes up to $299 you'll feel like you got a bargain

Comment

• audiokid
                          • Apr 2009
                          • 4.1.x

we're using tapatalk and the members love it.

However, I'm an old geezer that is behind on the mobile scene so I don't even want to login to my forum with any mobile so I'm sure I'm clueless on the benefits? Is the Mobile Suite something we should all buying? I'm expecting more problem with that than good at this point.
                          Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                          created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

• IB Adrian
                            Former Senior Operations Manager
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 3.6.x

Originally posted by Ramsesx
                            Ok, after some research I'm not sure if there was an official statement how long the introductory offer may last, at least I only found this posts and the following one.
                            I think that was me that made the comment that I expected the introductory price to be around for a couple of months (although I can't find it myself). My apologies if you based your purchase decision on that (if you did - PM me ), that was the information I was furnished with at the time.
                            Last edited by IB Adrian; Wed 4 May '11, 2:05pm.
                            Adrian

Comment

• Gumble
                              • Sep 2008

I assumed it would last longer, from where I can't assure now since I can't find the thread where that was pointed, but if I am not wrong was around the introduction of the first Apple App.

But it is not only about how info were given, I feel and really think I am not the only one that we should have a better announce system with such changes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...