Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CruisersConnect
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Paul M
    Your API is working perfectly, so I dont see how you would get api signature errors.

Do you get them all the while ? If so then you may want to check you entered your api key correctly when compiling the app.
    Hey Paul I get them all the time while logged in as a specific user. I do not get them while I'm not logged in or logged in as a different user.

Comment

• Paul M
      Former Lead Developer
      vB.Com & vB.Org
      • Sep 2004

That suggests that some modification is interferring for that user. Try disabling your mods.
      Baby, I was born this way

Comment

• CruisersConnect
        • Mar 2010

That suggests that some modification is interferring for that user. Try disabling your mods.
        Paul I'm not quite sure what you are saying. What type of modifications would be interfering with just this one (Admin) user?

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

I have no idea. Could be anything.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
            • Mar 2010

I have no idea. Could be anything.
            Alright, I'll have to take a look. Thank you! Do you have any idea why I can not view 3 of my forums using our app? All I keep getting is "Unexpected server response.""Unexpected server response." Thank you!

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

That error can be caused by add-ons. To troubleshoot this, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Manage Products -> Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -> Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, edit your includes/config.php file and add this line right under the <?php line:

ini_set("display_errors", false);
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                That error can be caused by add-ons. To troubleshoot this, disable all products (except vB Blog, vB CMS and Skimlinks if you have them.)

Admin CP -&gt; Plugins &amp; Products -&gt; Manage Products -&gt; Disable

Then manually uncheck all plugins that are not for 'vBulletin Blog' and vBulletin CMS' here:

Admin CP -&gt; Plugins &amp; Products -&gt; Plugin Manager

You must do BOTH of those steps in order to disable all non vBulletin Modifications.

Then if you still have this problem, edit your includes/config.php file and add this line right under the &lt;?php line:

ini_set(&quot;display_errors&quot;, false);
                Hey Steve,

Sorry for the late reply. I have tried disabling both the products and plugins and I'm still having some issues. I am now trying to edit my files however how do I go about doing this?

Thank you!

EDIT: I have figured out how to edit the file and I am currently working on it now.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                  • Jul 2000

Which files?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                    • Mar 2010

Which files?
                    /home/cruise/public_html/includes/config.php

However now my entire site is down!

This is the file I edited:
                    <?php
                    /*======================================================================*\
                    || #################################################################### ||
                    || # vBulletin 4.0.2 Patch Level 1
                    || # ---------------------------------------------------------------- # ||
                    || # All PHP code in this file is
                    and if you visit my site www.CruisersConnect.com this is the message you get:

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 3 in /home/cruise/public_html/includes/config.php on line 3

Fatal error: fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed in /home/cruise/public_html/includes/config.php on line 3
                    Any help? Thank you!
                    Last edited by CruisersConnect; Sat 14 May '11, 8:27am.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      • Jul 2000

The third line should be:

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• CruisersConnect
                        • Mar 2010

The third line should be:

Steve i'm still getting this error while trying to visit my site even with the above edit.

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 3 in /home/cruise/public_html/includes/config.php on line 3

Fatal error: fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed in /home/cruise/public_html/includes/config.php on line 3
                        Below is a copy of the text in file: /home/cruise/public_html/includes/config.php

<?php
                        || # vBulletin 4.0.2 Patch Level 1
                        || # All PHP code in this file is
                        Thank you!

Comment

• Steve Machol
                          • Jul 2000

That error indicates a problem on or before line 3. I suggest starting with a new config.php file.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Paul M
                            Former Lead Developer
                            vB.Com & vB.Org
                            • Sep 2004

You have an issue with the lines after line 3.

They should look something like this ;

|| # vBulletin 4.1.0
                            || # All PHP code in this file is ©2000-2010 vBulletin Solutions Inc. # ||
                            || # This file may not be redistributed in whole or significant part. # ||
                            || # ---------------- VBULLETIN IS NOT FREE SOFTWARE ---------------- # ||
                            || # http://www.vbulletin.com[/url] | [url]http://www.vbulletin.com/license.html # ||
                            \*======================================================================*/
                            The most important parts are in red above, they are the comment start and finish.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...