X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • netpants
    • Feb 2010

3 Issues I need help with please

This is for the android app.

So apparently if your forum uses prefixes you cannot post threads. Does anyone know a way around this or to fix this? and disabling prefixes is not an option. We never thought using a built in vB feature would cause issues with another vB product.

We used styled usernames, so our usergroups have each a different color name. If you go into the forums directly and look at threads underneath the thread title it shows the html for the color code and looks like crap. Example:

Thread Title Is Here
    By<B><span style='color:#EE6A50'>

3. I have ghost posts showing up that have a blank title and say posted by null.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by netpants; Mon 2 May '11, 9:36am.
  • netpants
    • Feb 2010

Another issue I found.

When you go to edit a post it has <!-- google_ad_Section_start-->Thread Title<!--google_ad_Section_end--> inside of the title.

Comment

• IBxAnders
      • Aug 2001
      • 4.0.x

You have a ticket open on this; I've created a note on it for ya.
      anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
      Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
      Please be my friend!
      http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
      vBulletin Performance Articles:
      Click here to read

Comment

• netpants
        • Feb 2010

Thanks for the reply. Although I think that prefixes should have been fixed before the app was released. Nobody can post anything from the app and this is disturbing that it is known about and hasn't been fixed yet especially since prefixes are not an addon or mod they are native to vB.

Any time frame on a fix for this?

Thanks

Comment

• Paul M
          Former Lead Developer
          vB.Com & vB.Org
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by netpants
          This is for the android app.

So apparently if your forum uses prefixes you cannot post threads. Does anyone know a way around this or to fix this? and disabling prefixes is not an option. We never thought using a built in vB feature would cause issues with another vB product.

We used styled usernames, so our usergroups have each a different color name. If you go into the forums directly and look at threads underneath the thread title it shows the html for the color code and looks like crap. Example:

Thread Title Is Here
          By<B><span style='color:#EE6A50'>

3. I have ghost posts showing up that have a blank title and say posted by null.

Any help would be appreciated.
          1. Known bug - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBM-1235

2. Not seen that logged - you may want to log it as a bug.

3. Thats usually caused by the "Separate Normal & Sticky Threads" mod.
          Baby, I was born this way

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...