Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deschutes
    • Sep 2008

Mobile Suite is a Buggy Pile

I purchased the Mobile Suite last Friday (4/22). I created my app and went through the instructions (which contained a number of errors and inaccuracies). I was able to submit my app to Apple on Sunday, although it was crashing whenever you attempted to add any new content. I opened a ticket on Sunday and they still have not been able to do anything other than suggest I submit a bug report to the vB tracking system. Apple released my app today, but it is crashing in production, and content isn't updating. I now risk having my app start off with poor reviews, and am working with Apple to get it pulled off the market.

I have opened tickets, submitted bug reports, attached video of the behavior, removed all plugins, products and styles, etc. No response other than "update the bug report". I submitted another request a few hours ago and never heard back. I feel really let down by vB.

Sorry for the whine, but I thought people should know that the product is having issues and that they might want to wait to purchase it until some things are figured out.
  • SteveLV702
    • Aug 2009

hmm weird I haven't had any problems and already have several 5 star reviews of my Apple app and Android app
    ------------------------------------------
    Steve
    DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
    Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• MikesSite
      • Jan 2009
      • 3.8.x

Sounds like you didn't install it properly. What are the error messages when it crashes? Did you install vBulletin API?

Comment

• HMBeaty
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by deschutes
        the product is having issues and that they might want to wait to purchase it until some things are figured out.
        That speaks for ALL vBulletin products (vB4, mobile, etc) atm
        "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time!"
        "It's important to only think about what you desire, not what you fear to achieve your ultimate goal!!"
        "When doors close, tear down the walls. Never give up!"

Comment

• moonfox
          • Mar 2011
          • 3.8.x

troll?

Comment

• blake247
            • Jul 2009
            • 3.8.x

On your app page you can select Rights and Pricing and remove your app temporarily. I'm in the approval process but wasn't confident enough to bring it live. I have some tweaks I need to do first.

Comment

• deschutes
              • Sep 2008

Troll how? Someone has an issue with a vB product and they are trolling?

I have a submission in the bug tracker, which has now been "confirmed" by vB btw.

Blake - I did do this. However, it doesn't remove the app, it just makes it so it can't be downloaded (at least that is how it is right now).

Mike - It is has been published by Apple and crashes/closes. I am not sure what error messages I might look for. Any advice? Yes, the API is installed.

I really hope this IS something that is wrong with my forum or some setting that is causing the issue. I will be the first to come back here and provide an update and fix. I like what I have seen so far, it just doesn't work and support has been beyond frustrating.
              Last edited by deschutes; Thu 28 Apr '11, 7:02pm.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                • Aug 2000

See the article linked below to recover crash reports:

This will allow you and the developers to see what is causing the problems. Until then, make sure that you have at least one forum, blog and CMS section available to guests.
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nibb
                  • Apr 2008

I did not bought the mobile app for 2 reasons.

There is no Windows Phone app.

Im afraid I will be charged extra for it, like for example if a Windows Phone and Blackberry app is added someway, will we need to pay separately for them?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
                    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by nibb
                    I did not bought the mobile app for 2 reasons.

There is no Windows Phone app.

Im afraid I will be charged extra for it, like for example if a Windows Phone and Blackberry app is added someway, will we need to pay separately for them?
                    If your mobile suite license is active and we develop apps for that platform, they would be included. For now, they would have to use the Mobile Style which is in further development to support these devices. The Mobile Suite will also include a more robust mobile style in the future.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nibb
                      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                      If your mobile suite license is active and we develop apps for that platform, they would be included. For now, they would have to use the Mobile Style which is in further development to support these devices. The Mobile Suite will also include a more robust mobile style in the future.
                      That makes me feel more confident to buy the app.

Will it work with non English vbulletins?

Like is the phone app hardcoded with name buttons in English and such or it can be modified to suit any language?

Also what the are the benefits of this, it says you can sell the app but honestly who would buy an app to participate in your forums. Its like they are giving you already something by just posting on it. My guess is most will give it for free for this reason just as bundle for their forums. The ads idea seems better but for forums that already run ads, company forums usually don't.

Im still trying to be convinced on the benefits of this, specially because most smartphones display websites including vbulletin just fine in their default browsers.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                        vBulletin Support
                        • Aug 2002
                        • 5.7.X

There are different language files being added as users create these so that your app can be run in a specific language.
                        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• deschutes
                          • Sep 2008

No resolution to this issue yet. Ticket has now been live for 7 days. Hopefully we'll see something soon. On a lighter note... When you google "buggy pile" this thread is the top result.

Comment

• deschutes
                            • Sep 2008

The issue was supposedly fixed with 1.0.1. While the crashes are less frequent with this build, the mobile app still randomly crashes when adding content.

Comment

• IBxAnders
                              • Aug 2001
                              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by deschutes
                              The issue was supposedly fixed with 1.0.1. While the crashes are less frequent with this build, the mobile app still randomly crashes when adding content.
                              You have to keep the app updated - we do fix alot of bugs and other problems with each release.
                              anders | vbulletin team | check out the new vbulletin facebook app
                              Proudly vBulletin'ing since 2001
                              Please be my friend!
                              http://www.twitter.com/inetskunkworks
                              vBulletin Performance Articles:
                              Click here to read

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...