Has anyone here ever successfully registered with adwhirl?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m0rgulvale
    • Jun 2008

Has anyone here ever successfully registered with adwhirl?

If you have successfully registered for adwhirl, what email domain did you use (e.g. hotmail, yahoo, aol, etc) ?

There is some epic failure right now where nobody can sign up with adwhirl because the activation email never arrives:

So I'm wondering if maybe you need a certain email address domain for it to work or something.

Please advise if you received the activation email and if so, what email domain you used

Other question to vbulletin:

If adwhirl doesn't fix this problem, is there an alternative solution for displaying ads? I really think we need a backup option since it appears adwhirl is not a very dependable service. I realize that its not vbulletin's "fault" if adwhirl doesn't work, but there really needs to be a backup option for displaying simple text ads that works every time.

I'll give the service a whirl again later, no pun intended, but as of now this has been an epic failure thanks to them. I will not be using this product unless I can get ads to work with it

so how do i show simple google ads without adwhirl? i have no use for the product unless i can show ads
    Last edited by m0rgulvale; Sun 24 Apr '11, 5:36am.
  • tnedator
    • Aug 2007

Yes, I was successful. I used Gmail.
    BroncosForums.com - Broncos Fan Forum
    Total Broncos - Denver Broncos Blog and News

Comment

• m0rgulvale
      • Jun 2008

what date did it work for you?

i'm 0/4 in receiving the activation email. i just tried gmail. didn't work. not in spam folder

hushmail, yahoo, gmail, and AOL all don't work

vbulletin, we need a new alternative to adwhirl for vbulletin mobile suite. this product is not usable for me unless i can get ads to work in it

adwhirl, this is not acceptable to have such a simple feature not work. this is embarrassing i'm sorry

Comment

• tnedator
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by m0rgulvale
        what date did it work for you?

i'm 0/4 in receiving the activation email. i just tried gmail. didn't work. not in spam folder

hushmail, yahoo, gmail, and AOL all don't work

vbulletin, we need a new alternative to adwhirl for vbulletin mobile suite. this product is not usable for me unless i can get ads to work in it

adwhirl, this is not acceptable to have such a simple feature not work. this is embarrassing i'm sorry
        April 18.
        BroncosForums.com - Broncos Fan Forum
        Total Broncos - Denver Broncos Blog and News

Comment

• SteveLV702
          • Aug 2009

worked for me I used @SteveLV702.com
          ------------------------------------------
          Steve
          DM Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          CN Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          TheFaFClan Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)
          Audi Spirit Mobile Lite (iTunes)(Android)(Blackberry)

Comment

• m0rgulvale
            • Jun 2008

can u make me an @steveLV702.com account to test lol?

im really losing my patience here with adwhirl.

just tested a FIFTH time this time using @bigstring.com email address

sure enough, doesn't even work

0/5 on the simplest thing as having an email sent. embarrassing.

*edit*

0/6

@37.com email registration fails.

this is unreal. we need a new solution for ads here vbulletin

just for the heck of it i tried doing forgot password request, and not suprisingly a company that can't even get an email to send has a broken forgot password feature:

Caught Exception: Attribute.Value missing for Attribute.Name='uid'
            Response Status Code: 400
            Error Code: MissingParameter
            Error Type: Unknown
            Request ID: 7ab80e46-e68f-c40b-a39a-d75e4e2f9925
            XML: MissingParameterAttribute.Value missing for Attribute.Name='uid'0.00002199077ab80e46-e68f-c40b-a39a-d75e4e2f9925

lets move away from this adwhirl. as a customer, should i have any faith whatsoever in this?
            Last edited by m0rgulvale; Sun 24 Apr '11, 12:31pm.

Comment

• m0rgulvale
              • Jun 2008

the adwhirl situation completely ruined my plans to get work done on the vbulletin mobile project for the weekend. total screw up here. this needs to be fixed. i even asked some of my friends to try making accounts and it failed for them too. this is just not acceptable and i have zero faith in their company at this point.

i just find it mind-boggling that a programming 101 problem of sending emails is holding them back.

Comment

• ercule
                • Feb 2008
                • 4.1.x

I had the same adwhirl email issue in march when I registered with them. I had to try 2 different email registration to finally get their mail.
                So far useless to me as I don't own a mac and then can't purchase two mobile apps..

Comment