Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vBadvanced
    • Oct 2001

Customization Questions

Is the mobile suite customizable through the vBulletin template system or something similar?

How hard is it (or is it possible at all) to include additional custom files that are powered by vBulletin in the mobile suite?
    Spread Peace,
    Brian Gunter

vBadvanced | EDMPlanet
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

The look and feel is customized before the App is built and it is separate from the template system or the mobile style. At this time, it is not possible to include additional custom files in the Mobile Apps.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• albanah
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      The look and feel is customized before the App is built and it is separate from the template system or the mobile style. At this time, it is not possible to include additional custom files in the Mobile Apps.
      Do you mean that we cannot use addional.css template in mobile style?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

The Mobile Suite and the Mobile Style are too different things.

You cannot customize the Mobile Style Apps with any template changes in vBulletin. They do not use Templates. This is why we allow you to change colors and some images before the Apps are built.

If the Mobile Style in vBulletin 4 has an additional.css template, you can use it to modify the Mobile Style only.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• albanah
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          The Mobile Suite and the Mobile Style are too different things.

You cannot customize the Mobile Style Apps with any template changes in vBulletin. They do not use Templates. This is why we allow you to change colors and some images before the Apps are built.

If the Mobile Style in vBulletin 4 has an additional.css template, you can use it to modify the Mobile Style only.
          I have created additional.css template in Mobile Style in vb 4. However, it does not respond to modifications i'm trying to make it the style.
          For example, I tried to use this code to increase the height of the header so that I can display my logo.

Code:

#header {      padding: 5px;     height: 300px;  }

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            • Aug 2000

If it didn't exist and you had to create it, it won't be used.

You should probably use a smaller logo on mobile devices anyway. 300 pixels is a quarter of the screen on some devices.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...