X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • edytwinky
    • Aug 2007
    • 3.8.x

My Thoughts on the Android App

So far I've completed and submitted one app for Android (apple will be out for my forum next week)

My users like the forums app. It gives them another option to access the site on the go.

Here's what they like:
    1.) Functionality. It gets them access to the blogs and forums. That's what they want.
    2.) The design is nice and well done

Cons
    1.) The front page that shows the "newest" doesn't work right. They'd like the "newest threads" or "whats new" to appear on the front page of the app when they sign in. Not sure what its like now. When you read a thread on the front page, it still shows there as "newest". This is probably the biggest complaint right now.
    2.) The quotes just show the bbcode
    3.) No polls access
    4.) If you're online on the main site and you look at a users location it says
  • blake247
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

1. Refresh on menu
    2. Users Online on menu
    3. Save preferences on filter and content type instead of having to set them each time you log in
    4. Option to stay logged in after exiting
    5. Way to set version number manually in publisher
    6. Signature support set by user or the ability to set a default one in mobile publisher.
    7. New PM notification should go away after reading the PM

Overall I'm really diggin the whole app building process and the app itself. Keep up the great work!
    Last edited by blake247; Thu 21 Apr '11, 7:51am.

Comment

• demo7up
      • Jul 2007
      • 3.6.x

I think forums should be the homepage... and newest should be an option.... Having to actually navigate to the forums is a bit much for me....
      sigpic

Comment

• Kaitou Ace
        • Jul 2001

Some form of last post in forum indicator is needed, both threadview and forumview. The mobile app seems to depreciate last poster/latest thread in favor of thread starter, with no time indicator.

Comment

• CEO254
          • Jan 2008
          • 4.1.x

Originally posted by demo7up:2148037
          I think forums should be the homepage... and newest should be an option.... Having to actually navigate to the forums is a bit much for me....
          Exactly, most people using the app have no idea they can access the rest of the forum by hitting menu.
          <signature removed by staff>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...