• Show
Clear All
  • blake247
    • Jul 2009
    • 3.8.x

Resubmitting Android app

Originally posted by IB Adrian
    AH - where did you see that?
    (I need to remove that text - it is no longer relevant, you can resubmit as many times as you like)
    When I try to re-submit the app to the Android Market, the only option provided is to upgrade. If I select upgrade, I get an error stating the upgraded file needs to be newer than the current version or something along those lines.

For example, I uploaded my app to the market, everything went great then I decided to change the app icon. Went through the process, downloaded the file but since it's not a new "version", it cannot be submitted back to the market. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by blake247; Wed 20 Apr '11, 7:14am.
  • IB Adrian
    Former Senior Operations Manager
    • Jul 2008
    • 3.6.x

I have moved your post to a new thread so it is more likely to get attention
    I don't have an answer for your question - but will inquire with those more familiar with that process.
    Adrian

Comment

• Jasper Aguila
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.1.x

I'm unsure if this will work, but read this...

Try typing something in the "recent changes" field when you're resubmitting.

Comment

• blake247
        • Jul 2009
        • 3.8.x

Thanks. Here's what it looks like:

The first screen shot is when you upload the app as a new one, even if the other is unpublished.

The second screen shot is when you re-upload your app as an upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	error1.png
Views:	1
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	3681970Click image for larger version

Name:	error2.png
Views:	1
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	3681971

Originally posted by Jasper Aguila
        I'm unsure if this will work, but read this...

Try typing something in the "recent changes" field when you're resubmitting.
        Nope
        Last edited by blake247; Wed 20 Apr '11, 4:55pm.

Comment

• Jasper Aguila
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.1.x

Ok you will need to edit the AndroidManifest.xml file within the .apk file.

Download this apk editor... http://imransarwar.com/index.php/apk...k-file-easily/

Afterwards open the .apk file provided by vbulletin with the editor and click on the "content" tab.

Find the AndroidManifest.xml file under "Other Content"

Right click the file and open it with wordpad.

Find this line of text
          Code:
          android:versionName=
          and change the file version number inside the quote to a sum greater than the current.

And save.

It should work now when you upload the file.

Comment

• IB Adrian
            Former Senior Operations Manager
            • Jul 2008
            • 3.6.x

Alternatively, you can resubmit the Android app a day later.

Android has a machine readable version code that is essentially the date. If you build the app on the same day, it will have the same version number
            Adrian

Comment

• blake247
              • Jul 2009
              • 3.8.x

I was able to change the version number but now I get this error when uploading the "upgrade":

"Market does not accept apks signed with certificates issued by Android team. Create a new certificate that is valid for at least 50 years."

I'm no expert, but it seems the certificates would have to come from you guys?
              Last edited by blake247; Thu 21 Apr '11, 9:50am.

Comment

• demo7up
                • Jul 2007
                • 3.6.x

I am not 100% sure if this would work but since you are now an android developer(the 25.00 you paid which makes you one) you should be able to self sign the apk...

Learn important concepts related to app signing and security, how to sign your app for release to Google Play using Android Studio, and how to opt in to Play App Signing.

I am actually going to try this since i desperately need to update my app i messed up my color scheme and you cant read jack on my app lol....

Ill let u know how it goes....
                sigpic

Comment

• demo7up
                  • Jul 2007
                  • 3.6.x

Okay so major fail.... I was able to sign the APK successfully using this tut http://www.londatiga.net/it/how-to-sign-apk-zip-files/ and i got this error "The apk must be signed with the same certificates as the previous version." I wonder if vB would ever allow us to add our own version numbers and version code....
                  sigpic

Comment

• blake247
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 3.8.x

Too bad google won't allow you to simply delete unpublished apps

Comment

• blake247
                      • Jul 2009
                      • 3.8.x

Weird. I just created a new app (same version number) and attempted to upload it to the market as an upgrade. Oddly enough, it saved the uploaded file as a draft and I was able to publish it to the market! I have no clue how or why it worked..lol

Comment

• Jasper Aguila
                        • Aug 2010
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by blake247
                        Weird. I just created a new app (same version number) and attempted to upload it to the market as an upgrade. Oddly enough, it saved the uploaded file as a draft and I was able to publish it to the market! I have no clue how or why it worked..lol
                        Congratulations.

Comment

• mavherzog
                          • Oct 2003

I have a error when users try to log into my forum with the mobile app. vB support told me to have it recompiled and redownload then resubmit. I get the same error about versionCode number. Support has no idea what to tell me.

I guess I just need to wait and try again tomorrow.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...