X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • COMMANDERMATT1
    • Feb 2013
    • 4.2.X

phpbb3 > (import into) vBulletin 4.2

So perhaps I'm just being really dumb/going blind but I have looked all over but besides the button for "redo module" their isn't an actual "start" button to begin the import? Keep in mind that I am a complete noob to but after many videos I've finally figured out how to install vBulletin and the impex system as the forum I was on before was phpbb. I just want to bring over my old forum members, posts, etc but obviously I must be doing something wrong.

To my understanding you can't have a perfect transfer which I don't really care to much. Am I somehow missing something as after several hours of searching their isn't a "begin transfer" or something similar that plainly states the info is being moved? I even just decided to wait at that page for a good 2 hours in case is just uploads everything in the background but I eventually gave up. What do I need to do to transfer my stuff since I can't seem to find a simple :Start" button. I do hope you guys/gals will be able to help me in my time of stupidity.

Server info:
    Platform typeebian
    mySQL: 5.0.91
    PHP: 5.3.13

Old forum info:
    phpbb ver: 3.0.10

vBulletin info:
    vBulletin suite ver: 4.2.0 (Patch level 3)
  • socceronly
    • Nov 2009
    • 3.8.x

Just a though, but I would change the title to Import or something like that. It looks like a comparison saying phbb3 is better than vb 4 ect... rant post. People may be ignoring it.
    Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

• COMMANDERMATT1
      • Feb 2013
      • 4.2.X

Thank you to whoever was the moderator to fix my post. Also, thanks socceronly for pointing out the thread title.

Anyways, as a thought, does all modules have to have 100% successful in the import because if so how am I to find the posts, threads, etc so I can get my old forum posts and other stuff on my vBulletin site?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

If you've run all the modules, make sure you've followed the Final Import Steps here:

It's also likely that your vBulletin installation is setup to only show limited numbers of posts/threads - if you look at the bottom of the thread list, you will see options to display more under the 'Show threads from the...' dropdown. You can change this for each forum within the Forum Manager:

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Manager
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...