X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • creativepart
    • Jan 2006
    • 3.8.x

Impex Not working correctly VB 4 > VB 4

I've been working on an import of a VB 4.1.12 forum into another VB 4.1.12 forum. The import completes without any obvious errors but upon inspection it's obvious that the import is failing badly.

First, some background. The Forum that is running the import has been used to import a PHPBB forum to VB approx 4 or more years ago.

When starting the import, I am clicking on the "Remove Import Ids" to clean the database and prepare it for the new import.

After running the import routines, without any errors, I find all of the forum, threads, posts and members. But the posts are being misimported to the wrong users and threads.

If you go to an imported member's profile you'll see the correct number of posts listed for them, but when you search for their posts you find them either empty or located under some other thread by some other member. Usually, whatever the title of the thread was from the imported member, shows up on a post in somebody elses thread. If you try to search for imported threads you'll find them but inside some other member's thread.

What I'd guess is happening, is that the new imported user IDs are getting messed up with existing or previously imported member IDs.

I posted on this this past weekend, when I knew less about what was happening. I didn't get any help on the issue or any responses to my follow-ups. So, I thought I'd start over and give this a more complete description of the problem and see if I can get some help.

PS. I tried going into the database and manually removing all the importID tables and this worked great, but it also made 3400 older members disappear.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Are you trying to merge two existing forums together?
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• creativepart
      • Jan 2006
      • 3.8.x

Yes, two VB 4.1.12 websites.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Did you completely finalize the old phpbb import before doing a new import?

Comment

• creativepart
          • Jan 2006
          • 3.8.x

I did not know the forum had been impexed before. I purchased the forum. I found out when doing test imports on my development server. From the result I've gotten I have to assume that it is not "finalized" or something. I don't know what to do outside of using the "clean database" function to "Remove Import Ids".

So, that is all that I've done. Please tell me what else I should try before attempting the import.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...