Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Smoker King
    • Feb 2013

PHPBB3 to VBulliten 4 attachment import problem

I have searched and searched and have not really come across a definite answer on how to import attachments. Has anyone converted from PHPBB3 to VBulliten and moved their attachments over? IF so, how do you do it?

THanks!!

Aaron
  • Hartmut
    • Nov 2007
    • 4.2.x

Did you check if your (absolute) path to the phpBB3 attachments is correct?

If the path is definatelly correct, what is the exacrt error message you are getting?
    No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• The Smoker King
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hartmut
      Did you check if your (absolute) path to the phpBB3 attachments is correct?

If the path is definatelly correct, what is the exacrt error message you are getting?
      I messed with it and got it right. THanks! Now I have a second problem. The threads/posts are not showing up in the forum. I went through all final import steps too.

Comment

• Hartmut
        • Nov 2007
        • 4.2.x

Did you get any error messages while importing the threads/posts? What does the forum counter say, is 'something there' in general?
        No private support, only PM me when I ask for it. Support in the forums only.

Comment

• The Smoker King
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Hartmut
          Did you get any error messages while importing the threads/posts? What does the forum counter say, is 'something there' in general?
          I just noticed a quick warning when I run the forum import in impex - warning invalid argument supplied for each () in [path]/impex/systems/phpbb3/005.php on line 170

this might be why the forums aren't displaying

- - - Updated - - -

The forums list in green as if they are importing, and then the page quickly flashes over to that message.

- - - Updated - - -

Also. In the Admin control panel - i went in to edit a thread and noticed the thread is actually there. THey just don't show up on the forum homepage.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the forum counter says:

Currently Active Users

There are currently 1 users online. 1 members and 0 guests
          Most users ever online was 2, Yesterday at 08:34 PM.

The Smoker King BBQ FOrum Statistics

Threads0 Posts0 Members149 Active Members12 Welcome to our newest member, Swolls13
          BlogsEntriesLast 24 Hours

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I noticed one more thing. WHen I click the import forum button, the next page displays a green list that says importing 13 categories, the next page flashes and says importing 0 forums and displays the error message I posted above. Maybe I don't have the PHPBB3 forum set up correctly?

Comment

• user-1231235234532
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by The Smoker King
            . . . . . . . Has anyone converted from PHPBB3 to VBulliten and moved their attachments over? IF so, how do you do it? THanks!! Aaron
            On our forum we used imPex and it worked fine . . . .but on importing attachements it failed completely. We had to cal for external help from gConverter. They fixed this, and several other, importing issues.

More information in this thread --> [URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/vbulletin-pre-sales-questions/421099-what-happens-when-converting-from-phpbb3-100-000-files-in-one-directory"]http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...-one-directory[/URL="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum/vbulletin-sales-and-feedback/vbulletin-pre-sales-questions/421099-what-happens-when-converting-from-phpbb3-100-000-files-in-one-directory"]

Last edited by user-1231235234532; Fri 1 Mar '13, 2:53am. Reason: Optional: Tell people the reason for editing

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...