• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaffa123
    • Dec 2012
    • 4.2.X

Impex Database Error

Hello All

I'm new to vBulletin and I am trying to import users from a csv file. I figured out I need Impex so I downloaded that, edited the config and logged in. When I click import now I see this: {"product":1,"version":"4.2.0","plugin_version":"1.4.8"}

Initaially I had this message:

ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Invalid SQL: CREATE TABLE impexerror (
    errorid bigint(20) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
    errortype varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',
    classnumber varchar(3) NOT NULL default '',
    importid bigint(20) NOT NULL default 0,
    error varchar(250) default 'NULL',
    remedy varchar(250) default 'NULL',
    PRIMARY KEY (errorid)
    ) TYPE=MyISAM

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 9

mysql error number: 1064

Date: Tuesday 11th 2012f December 2012 11:22:17 PM
    Database: xxxx_forum
    MySQL error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 9

No idea how to resolve this, any tips?

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Just another question: is it easier to import from one database to vbulletin? For example, I want to import all my wordpress users into my vbulletin so they have the same username and passwords. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you edit the file impex/index.php and change TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM located at or near line 271, this should resolve this for you.

You can perform multiple imports - there is also the option to associate users to existing accounts if the email address matches.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• jaffa123
      • Dec 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
      If you edit the file impex/index.php and change TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM located at or near line 271, this should resolve this for you.

You can perform multiple imports - there is also the option to associate users to existing accounts if the email address matches.
      Thanks Trevor, just tried that and it still doesn't work. I have a white screen with only this displayed: {"product":1,"version":"4.2.0","plugin_version":"1.4.8"}

- - - Updated - - -

I disabled vBSSO and now it the Import screen appears.

Now to work out how to use this import thing. I have over 6000 wordpress users I want to import into vBulletin - yikes!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...