X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidReed
    • Sep 2012

Avatars not showing in posts after import

Hello,

After running an impex import into vb4 I cannot see any avatars in any posts on my forum. The avatars are difinitely there, they show up if I look at a users profile in the admincp, however they are not being displayed in posts despite this.

I have tried rebuilding the avatars using the maintenance tasks, and have tried moving them from the db to the filesystem, none of this makes the avatars appear in my forum posts.

Can anybody shed any light on this situation?

Cheers

Dave
  • Amaury
    • Mar 2012
    • 4.2.X

You tried rebuilding avatars, but have you tried rebuilding thumbnails?
    Former vBulletin user

Comment

• DavidReed
      • Sep 2012

Yep I have tried all the avatar rebuild options, none of them have any effect unfortunately, it's quite weird! I might try re-importing the data to see if that fixes the issue.

Comment

• Pony
        • Sep 2012

I've just done a test import of a database into a test vB4 install. Same thing. But one thing I noticed is that the default avatar size in vB is 100x100. And the phpbb site I'm importing from is 200x200. Might be some conflicts going on, I'd be curious to know if your site has the same thing.

Also noticing no signatures are showing up.

I might (on a later test import) go and setup the default avatar sizes, before import, and see if that makes a difference.

______

Edit; also make sure that these people aren't in custom usergroups. I've just noticed that the default permissions are all "NO" for any usergroups that get imported - and also apply to all users in those usergroups. I now have signatures showing up, but not avatars.
        Last edited by Pony; Wed 26 Sep '12, 1:23pm.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

David, did you use a system that Avatars CAN be imported from as a model when creating your own importer?

Pony - are you using the same custom importer as David? If not, please start your own thread with all the relevant details including what you're importing from etc. Also make sure that Avatars are actually listed as supported in the Impex Manual for that system
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• DavidReed
            • Sep 2012

Hey Trevor, I have successfully imported the avatars using my custom importer, as in they are in the database and show up when I look at users in the admincp. Could it be a problem with the format of the avatars? I assumed that if they show up in the admincp they should show within posts and user profile pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah! It turns out that I had not enabled custom avatars for my registered users group, I have enabled this option and my imported avatars are now showing.

Bit of a red herring here, sorry!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...