X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasilFawlty
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

Questions about "re-importing"

Ok, I have a test install on VB 4.2.0 (The latest) on a sub-domain known only to myself. I did a successful import of my UBBThreads forum into this test VB install. Of course I had a lot of cleaning up to do (using that "cleaner" program) and I went through all the settings, etc. I guess my question is, if I do another re-install, will I have to start all over with all the settings? Will any new forums I've created be lost? I'm assuming I'll need to get through and re-set things like forum permissions and user permissions, but what else?
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

If you scrub it and re-install, yes you will need to set everything up again.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• BasilFawlty
      • Jul 2012
      • 4.2.X

Thanks

Comment

• prefire
        • Oct 2012
        • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
        If you scrub it and re-install, yes you will need to set everything up again.
        Hi Trevor, My question is highly related to basilfawlty's. I too have a private sub domain for testing purposes. My question is this, given I already have performed a UBB import, what happens if I do it again? My first attempt didn't capture all the members. Could I just rerun the import and run module 004 Import Users? If that is correct, would I need to delete all users first?

And what is scrub? Scrub what? The database?

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
          vBulletin Support
          • Aug 2002
          • 5.7.X

If you've run the final import steps or removed the ImportUserIDs then you would need to start again.

When I refer to scrubbing it, if you re-install from scratch, it wipes the database and gives you a fresh clean attempt.
          Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
          - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• prefire
            • Oct 2012
            • 4.2.X

Let me see if I have this correct. I read that incremental imports can be done. Importing post that have occurred after the initial import will be allowed.

Reading the Multiple imports section, "When you have done an import and are completely finished and wish to do another import you will have to set all these import id's to 0." That confuses me with what you wrote, "If you've run the final import steps or removed the ImportUserIDs then you would need to start again."

If I understand this correctly about scrubbing, If I re-install what from scratch? the vB software?
            Last edited by prefire; Fri 5 Oct '12, 2:16am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...