Confused - Import>Import not there & which system should I use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eq4Bits
    • May 2006
    • 3.6.x

Confused - Import>Import not there & which system should I use?

Impex version 1.96 (downloaded/extracted today)
    New Vanilla Install of vB4.2PL2

Due to circumstances I don't want to get into....... I've had to do a totally new install and because of those circumstances I don't want to get into I'm having to use this Impex thing to import my 'old' vB4.1.5PL6 database into this new one. I've configured and renamed the ImpExConfig.php file with the necessary info.

Firstly, do I upload the Impex directory to my root where all my vB forum/cms/blogs are or do I put it in my admincp directory? (Yes, I know where to put the includes/xml/

Secondly, I'm not really sure *which* of the files in impex>systems to upload... I *was* using the vB4.1.5PL6 SUITE, so do I upload:
    • impex>systems>vB4
    • impex>systems>vBBlog4
    • impex>systems>vbcms
    • all of the above?

Thirdly, after uploading to the appropriate directories on my server do I need to run an install script? Or does just uploading them install Impex? Do I need to log out of admincp and then log back in for the Import>import to show up on the left side menu of the admincp? I've read the how to https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...mporting-HOWTO as well as the manual but I'm still confused. I know I did this ages and ages ago back in vB2 or vB3 days but for the life of me I can't figure this out!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

I've answered your ticket...
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Eq4Bits
      • May 2006
      • 3.6.x

Thank you
      (and updated ticket)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...