X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick!
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.6.x

Importing into vBulletin® Version 3.6.8 patch 2

Hello, to make a long story short, my boards were lost, due to the webhost...Which amazingly enough wasn't their fault...I guess something went wrong when they were upgrading their servers 6 months ago and so my VB database was lost, they claimed they sent me a copy via email with a link to the backup file for the database that was still on their server but I never got it. So yesterday I decided to delete everything, and re-install a fresh copy of VB 3.6.8 and just start from scratch...

So...I found a backup of my forums saved off from the VB Cpanel, the .SQL file. Its not a new backup, but its something...and its about 8megs in size. What should I be doing with this file? Do I need to login to phpmyadmin and do something with it there? I have Impex installed and when I go to import I don't see a option to 'browse' for this file, am I supposed to be doing something else with it???

Is there an easier way to be doing this since I have my .sql backup from vbulletin 3.6.8 patch 2 and I am running 3.6.8 patch 2?

Thanks for your help.

nick!

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, so I am guessing I need to login to phpMyadmin and somehow take this .sql file and upload it? Should I be going to 'import' ? The file size is 7.84megs and I see it says: (Max: 2,048KiB) but it will accept a .zip file. Anyone out there know what I can do about this? How do I go about splitting up this .sql file thats 7.84megs? Am I in the right spot here, should I be importing this file straight into phpMyadmin current server for my VB database thats basically empty?

- - - Updated - - -

Just checked into this mysqldumper tool, and I think that it might help me out...if not I am going to ask the webhost to import the file to the backup database so I can run Impex.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure what I should use in Impex for my version of VB, it only lists vb5 and vb7.... I have my backup database in a DB and im ready to run Impex but not sure what to do?
    Last edited by nick!; Sun 12 Aug '12, 10:49am.
    Play Online Texas Holdem Poker? Checkout my Texas Holdem Poker Forums and get Online Poker Bonuses
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

You say you want to start from scratch - to do that, don't use a backup and try to get that up and running.

If you want to try using the backup as a starting point, you don't need to use Impex. Simply import the backup to your database, edit the config.php file to point to that database (witht he correct user information) and connect to it.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• nick!
      • Mar 2005
      • 3.6.x

Ok, I tried that and its saying database error. I used the correct info in the config.php. Now when I go into this backup database in phpmyadmin, I notice there is only these fields in the database: access, adminhelp, administrator, adminlog and adminlog has 74,000+ rows. Has something happened to my backup .sql file or is there something else that needs to be done with the data? I should have more then 4 fields in this database shouldnt i?
      Play Online Texas Holdem Poker? Checkout my Texas Holdem Poker Forums and get Online Poker Bonuses

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

If those are the only tables in your database, then it is not a complete backup.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• nick!
          • Mar 2005
          • 3.6.x

oh boy :::cries:::

I was thinking something wasn't right with only those fields when I checked the fresh installed database and saw all the others, I knew something wasn't right, looks like I have a incomplete backup. But how can my backup be 8megs with only those 4 fields in it???

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...