X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasilFawlty
    • Jul 2012
    • 4.2.X

Moving members to different primary user group

When I transferred all my data from Threads, of course all my users are in the "User" group, which shows up as a custom user group. All new members who register will end up in the "Registered Users" group, which is one of the vB default user groups. How can I (or can I) move all my transferred users from the "User" group to the "Registered User" group?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Delete that transferred usergroup. It will move all users into the default usergroup.

Comment

• BasilFawlty
      • Jul 2012
      • 4.2.X

Originally posted by Zachery
      Delete that transferred usergroup. It will move all users into the default usergroup.
      Ah, thanks very much!

Comment

• BasilFawlty
        • Jul 2012
        • 4.2.X

Yep, did that and it seems to have worked. Thanks.

Comment

• TaxMama
          • May 2012
          • 4.2.X

I’m moving over from Simple Press forums to vBulletin and am struggling a bit as I wrap my head around the new structure. We have a pretty straightforward setup: 3 different membership levels and three sets of Forums with their own subforums.

I used gconverter to move everything across and the forums were replicated correctly but all the users were placed in the users awaiting email confirmation default usergroup.

I’d like all these users to be in the free custom usergroup. Any idea on how I can do this?

Thanks

Andrew

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

Firstly, 'gconverter' (whatever that is!) isn't a supported import tool. If you'd used Impex, it would move the users and their usergroups over with them still in them.
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• TaxMama
              • May 2012
              • 4.2.X

Hi Trevor,
              Thanks for the quick response - I'm stoked to hear that impex will convert simple press to vbulletin - when I was looking at solutions earlier this year I found that it was unsupported - thankfully I'm working on a test site!

I've just gone back through the impex tier systems list:https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/main/impex_tiers and I still can't see Simple Press Forums - http://simple-press.com/

I used gConverter - http://gconverter.com/simplepress-to-vbulletin-forum/ - as they were the only solution I could find.

So - couple of questions:

1/ Can I use the Impex converter for Simple Press Forums?
              2/ If I can't - what are my options? I have 8913 users sitting in the Users awaiting email confirmation user group and I'd like to move them over to a cusotm group I have created called Free members.

Again - thank you for taking the time to respond.

Andrew

Comment

• TaxMama
                • May 2012
                • 4.2.X

Bump.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...