Migration problem - missing threads/posts - phpbb (3.0.7 PL1) -> vb (4.2.0 PL2)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bar10dr
    • Jul 2005

Migration problem - missing threads/posts - phpbb (3.0.7 PL1) -> vb (4.2.0 PL2)

Hi,

I ran impex without any larger problems, import page says it took 816 minutes total (Around 2.5 million posts).
    The problem I'm having is that only some of the forums have their threads filled in using the regular website after migration.

I checked the new database and all the posts are there, and they seem to have the correct id's set in (Post, Thread, Forum).

(I followed the Final Import Steps as described on the impex support pages)

A strange thing I found out is if I go to the "move page" option under "Threads & Posts" - enter my regular username as the search criteria and select "all forums", it will find all the missing posts when I select "select individual posts".
    I have to select "All forums" though, if I select the forum they are really under, it does not find them.

That list gives me a link to the posts as well, but when I click them it tells me I don't have permission to access the page (Running as the vb root account!?).

Any help would be very appreciated because I have no idea where to go from here.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some screenshot showing:

#1 Old and new forum, two forums are missing their threads/posts
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	3724008

#2 A post belonging to one of the empty forums.

Name:	B2.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	3724009

#3 The thread the post belongs to

Name:	B3.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	3724010

#4 The Forum the thread/post belongs to

Name:	B4.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	3724011

As far as I can see, the numbers match.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmm actually it doesn't match does it.

The thread has forumid: 41

But the forum it's supposed to be in has forumid: 57 !?

- - - Updated - - -

At further notice, it looks like all the forums have been migrated 3 times in the forum database, is that normal?

As in, there are 3 copies of each of the migrated forums in the forums table, each with their own forum id, but with the same importforumid id.

What the...

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, so I manually updated the corresponding threads to the forumid shown when you hover your mouse over a forum link on the webpage in mysqladmin, and now it seems to work.

Case closed.