Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petergharris
    • Nov 2008

problems loading impex

I am trying to import a file using impex and when I try to load the add-on it is coming up with 'Enter Customer Number'. When I do this it says 'successful and redirecting' then goes back to the 'Enter Customer Number' bit.

What can I do?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

What do you mean you're trying to import a file? Try running impex in its own folder: http://www.domain.com/forumfolder/impex

Comment

• petergharris
      • Nov 2008

When I do that, it is asking for my Customer Number which I am giving, saying it is successful then redirecting and then going back to asking for my Customer Number again.

The database files are both there, the source and the target and I am sure that the configuration is correct

Comment

• Jake Bunce
        • Dec 2000
        • 3.6.x

Originally posted by petergharris
        When I do that, it is asking for my Customer Number which I am giving, saying it is successful then redirecting and then going back to asking for my Customer Number again.
        That means you are entering the wrong customer number. Or at least the ImpEx package was downloaded under a different number than the one you are entering.

Comment

• petergharris
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jake Bunce
          That means you are entering the wrong customer number. Or at least the ImpEx package was downloaded under a different number than the one you are entering.
          I have downloaded vbulletin and impex again and it is working perfectly now, thanks for your time.

Comment

• petergharris
            • Nov 2008

You wouldn't believe it, but I want to add the pm's from the old database and I am getting the same message. It was working great earlier on, but not now.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Did you remove the Impex files and reupload them or were they still on the server? The only reasons the customer number won't work are:

1. You are not using the correct number (don't use the license number.)

2. You are not using the correct files for the license under that account.

3. You are blocking cookies.
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• petergharris
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                Did you remove the Impex files and reupload them or were they still on the server? The only reasons the customer number won't work are:

1. You are not using the correct number (don't use the license number.)
                I am using my customer number not the license number and I am rewriting all the files, so they should be okay

2. You are not using the correct files for the license under that account.
                The impex files have just been downloaded a couple of days ago, so they should be okay

3. You are blocking cookies.
                cookies are on

For your information what I am trying to do is to move my site from one server to another changing the domain name at the same time. Impex is working at the original site but not at the new one.

I am using vbulletin 4.1.5 publishing suite at the original and vbulletin 4.1.12 publishing suite on the new site.
                Last edited by petergharris; Fri 27 Apr '12, 1:41am.

Comment

• Loco.M
                  • Mar 2005
                  • 3.5.x

Originally posted by petergharris
                  For your information what I am trying to do is to move my site from one server to another changing the domain name at the same time.
                  This is NOT what impex is for.
                  Also you must have both source and target database on the same server.

You're going to jack up all your threads and post if you continue to try and "move" your forum using impex.
                  -- Web Developer for hire
                  ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

• petergharris
                    • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Loco.M
                    This is NOT what impex is for.
                    Also you must have both source and target database on the same server.

You're going to jack up all your threads and post if you continue to try and "move" your forum using impex.
                    I have moved the other database across using phpmyadmin so it is on the other server and it did work for a while, I got most of the info over but there is still a little bit I would like.

Maybe I think I should just leave it as I don't think we will be getting any further and I do have the majority of stuff across.

Comment

• Matthew Gordon
                      • May 2002
                      • 1.1.x

See the Moving Servers documentation. You should backup your database in its entirety and restore it on your new server. Impex is for converting from a different type of forum software entirely, or merging boards. It is not for upgrading or transferring servers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...