X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris27
    • Oct 2010
    • 5.0.X

Customizing ImpEx

Hello - Is it possible for a user with a fair amount of skills to customize the Drupal ImpEx modules? Is there any documentation about customizing ImpEx?

I would like to fiddle with the Drupal CMS ImpEx module as I, and others, can't get it to function.

I would like to move my Drupal 6 site to vBulletin with CMS etc... but this is the one hold-up.

Thanks!
    Chris Connaker

Founder
    Computer Audiophile
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

The impex systems all have their own directories with numbered modules. If a particular module isn't working then you can edit the associated file to get at the code. I find that it is sometimes necessary to modify the code for specific imports, especially for the tier 2 and 3 systems (like drupal) where the system is not supported and is not frequently updated. In addition, I tend to have more problems with the CMS systems than with the forum systems.

So yes, it's possible to modify the code, and it is sometimes necessary due to lack of updates for unsupported import systems. In your case I think you want this file:

impex/systems/drupal_6_cms/004.php

Comment

• Chris27
      • Oct 2010
      • 5.0.X

Customizing ImpEx

Thanks Jake.
      Chris Connaker

Founder
      Computer Audiophile

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...