Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldwillysforum
    • Mar 2012

Trying to import from phpbb 3.0.10 to VB4.1.11

First, let me preface that I'm new to VB, and a rookie in general...

I am in the process of converting my phpBB 3.0.10 forum to VB 4.1.11.

I have a VB 4.1.11 clean test board up and running, and am trying to do a test import of my phpBB 3.0.10 database with Impex. I have Impex installed and seems to work as it should.

When I click on the import tab, and get to the modules, the 1st and 3rd modules work fine.

But then I start the 4th module, "import user", I get a screen with-

Database cleanup & restart ||| Online manual
    Using includes/config.php for target config.

And nothing else seems to happen.

I'm wondering if this is supposed to sit and churn for a long period of time, or if something is not working as it should.

I couldn't find anything in the manual specific to this, or specific to what the settings should be for "Units per page (set to 500 per 4 Mb available in PHP)"

Does Impex work with phpbb 3.0.10?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Pete
  • Jake Bunce
    • Dec 2000
    • 3.6.x

Yes it works with phpBB3. And 500 is a good batch size. If you have problems completing the user module then you can try decreasing the batch size.

Did you enable the option in the user module to import avatars? If the avatars are stored remotely then that can slow things down. That's my best guess as to the cause of your problem.

Comment

• oldwillysforum
      • Mar 2012

Got it working... my old server host was timing out. Moved everything to URLJet, and it's good.

Not to figure out how to get my attachments to load too...

Thanks for the reply.

Pete

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...