• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • psniper
    • Dec 2013
    • 4.2.X

Impex from phpbb 3 looks like all ok, but missing post

Hi all,

Im using impex in order to import a old phpbbforum to new installation of Vbulletin to 4.2.2 . Appear that all it´s ok when doing the import, but lot os post are missing from some forums. Any idea tro try find the problem? , is there any error log or anything like this that can be look ??

Regards
  • maloplas
    • Nov 2010
    • 4.0.x

Maybe you have your forums with the option "Show threads from last 10 days" or something like this.

In the Forum Manager set the "Default View Age" to 'Show All Threads'.

If you have access to your db you can do all at once with the query: UPDATE forum SET daysprune=-1;

Comment

• psniper
      • Dec 2013
      • 4.2.X

Thanks maloplas, but i check this and is not the problem. The most strange is that all this forums that loss the post are up forums ( not forum with subcategories ) ... There are any option for view errors in import system??

Thanks to all for your help

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

You did run the update tools you are supposed to run from the Admin CP after you completed the import?

Comment

• psniper
          • Dec 2013
          • 4.2.X

Sure Joe this is done but some post are missing ( from some forums only ) , thank for your help.

Possible to have problems with special characters and doesn´t make the import correctly?? i´m using a spanish translation , but almost post are looking correctly with this translation
          Last edited by psniper; Thu 2 Jan '14, 4:08pm.

Comment

• psniper
            • Dec 2013
            • 4.2.X

More news...

I can´t find the post in the forums ( empty forums ) , but in the activity i can see post for this forum and i can enter to view???

Another more info, in this forums that i can´t view the post, also is missing the moderator for this forums.

Any idea??

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

Interesting... If you view a "missing" post via the activity stream, then click on the forum name from the breadcrumb under the navbar, do you go to the right forum? Is the post still missing?

You have ticket support, please open a support ticket from the Member's Area if you need additional support. Please include an Admin CP username/password in the sensitive data field.

Comment

• psniper
                • Dec 2013
                • 4.2.X

Hi Joe.

Finally i can find the solution by myself. Problem ( i don´t know why ) is that impex can´t import a root forum, but import a subforums, so i create a new category and move there all forums, so the import works correctly.

Thanks so much to all people to try help me.

Regards

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...