X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Epi-hunter
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.2.X

SMF to vbulletin 4.2.2 and Attachments

Hi everyone, For the past few days I've been researching the process to convert my SMF 2.0 forum to vbulletin suite 4.2.2, which I just purchased. I have successfully set up a test forum and converted posts and threads (although the formatting of the imported posts is a mess) and I have imported attachments, but cannot get the attachments to link to the posts. The same is true for avatars. I can see them in the admin section, so I know they are there, but they don't show up in the posts. I have since read that this is a "bug" with impex (seems like a huge bug....) and have done tons of searches looking for a fix. So far I haven't come up with one. My question is, what are my options? The forum has over 2000 members and due to the nature of its topic, is very picture-heavy (175,000 posts and at least one-fourth of the posts have at least one and usually multiple attachments). So manually replacing them is not feasible and I really really want this conversion to work! Is there ANY possible way to get these attachments and avatars to reside with the appropriate posts and members? Thant you for any help. I'm about to start beating my head against walls.... Angie
  • Epi-hunter
    • Oct 2013
    • 4.2.X

No one else has run into this problem before?

Comment

• wda2015
      • May 2001

On the SMF does it store these attachment in the database or as files.
      Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Epi-hunter
        • Oct 2013
        • 4.2.X

As files. And I set them to be stored in the database in vbulletin.

Comment

• wda2015
          • May 2001

should set them as files in vb same as was in smf
          Simple Straight Forward EU cPanel vBulletin Web Hosting Provider.

Comment

• Epi-hunter
            • Oct 2013
            • 4.2.X

I'll try that, thanks. I was told impex wouldn't convert them at all if it was not set to database. They actually migrated to vbulletin fine, they just won't attach to the posts.

Comment

• Romamo
              • Oct 2008
              • 4.1.x

Have you rebuilded all?
              Clean and try again. Sometimes it helps.
              Check for errors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...