Should I even try importing WordPress 3.2?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zaggeh
    • Oct 2011
    • 4.1.x

Should I even try importing WordPress 3.2?

The included importer system with ImpEx specified it is for Wordpress 2.3.1. Has anyone tried using it to import a WordPress 3.2.x blog into vBulletin CMS? Considering the version difference, I'm not even sure if I should try it or what.
    Using vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite at Clylla Game & Guild Portal
  • punchbowl
    • Nov 2006
    • 4.0.x

Try a test. I doubt it'll be perfect but you'll be able to import posts/pages I'd imagine.

Comment

• Zaggeh
      • Oct 2011
      • 4.1.x

Okay, I just tried. It found the user data fine (which I didn't really care about), but on the Import CMS Article part it just acted like there was nothing to import. Oh well.
      Using vBulletin 4.x Publishing Suite at Clylla Game & Guild Portal

Comment

• linuxwhy
        • Mar 2009

That`s exactly what will happen, No way to import, I tried, either to CMS or blog, I think it`s really the time for the impex developer to take a look at this, I found i`m not alone to meet this problem when searching around. I submit ticket and support staff said he will try to get the developer to take a look, for the importing, I`v been waiting for 20 days. if I would have known this, I wouldn`t upgrade from class to suite.

Comment

• Zachery
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Jul 2002

Did you add an issue to the bug tracker?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...