• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nat47
    • Jul 2013
    • 4.1.x

Errors importing old database to fresh install

Here is my situation:
    I have a database from my site that used to work correctly. I was in the process of upgrading to a different server, and the import won't work. So, I have made a local test server. I was able to install vB and everything fine. However, when I imported the database, the links (such as seen on the right hand side) always link to wrong threads. Secondly, some threads have a user that posted the original thread, and the thread is viewable from the forum page, however when you click the link you get directed to the post reply page. When you click post, nothing happens and it states an error. Additionally, when you click the user's name that started one of these threads, it gives an error saying that the user isn't registered, although the user does exist in the database and does appear in the members list when viewed in vB.

Is this an error in database formatting or what? Should this be fixed through SQL or is there a way to fix it through impex/admincp?

Secondly, I have an error with the theme. The color scheme shows up fine, and the layout is fine, however none of the images are present you only get the broken image placeholder. The image file exists and is in the correct directory. What is likely the problem here?
  • Nat47
    • Jul 2013
    • 4.1.x

Anybody? I could really use some help and advice.

Comment

• snakes1100
      • Aug 2001

Unfortunately we cant tell if the import was done correctly or what options you did on the import w/ users etc....

I would suggest starting over & verifying your settings & options when you run impex.

As to style image issue, you would need to check your style vars to verify that the paths to the missing images are correct.
      Gentoo Geek

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

When you imported the database, did you make sure the Server charset and collation where the same as on the old server?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...