Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beejeebers
    • May 2008

three - 3.8.6 forums to one 4.2.1

I can do the import using impex. I've gone through all the steps and can get everything to work fine EXCEPT for two issues:

First, the posts in the threads do not show when I click on the thread. The thread titles, counts and everything are good except the posts do NOT show.

Second, posts from one import will randomly show in other imports where they do not belong. It's very odd.

I've been at this all day.

Help?
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Have you rebuilt the counters? (Forums, threads etc).
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• beejeebers
      • May 2008

Yes it never helps clean up the mess. I import the first one and everything goes fine. It's the second one that posts do not display, (everything else does).

I'm thinking of importing the first one, then editing all the tables to remove all the importid fields in the structure. Then deleting the impex folder and then uploading it again to try to fool the system into thinking it's a brand new import?

When I look at the tables, the threadids are really odd. They show posts from the second import going into forums from the first import. It's like the system is not incrementing the threadids.

Comment

• sops21
        • Sep 2013
        • 4.0.x

I'm running into the same issue. I'm importing a 3.7 board into a 4.1 that already had another 4.1 merged into it. The 3.7 some of the 3.7 boards threads are getting merged with the previously imported 4.1.

Were you able to find a solution?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...