Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joeychgo
    • Mar 2004

Problems converting phpbb to 4.21

I have done a test import, but come across a few problems..

1. Avatars are not displaying after import.

2. Attachments are not displaying after import. Weird thing is , the attachments are there. If I edit a post, the attachments are in the Manage Attachments section. They are also in the attachement statistics. Sometimes nothing shows In the post itself, other times, I just see text like this: [attachment=2:2cfx7peh]e2.jpg[/attachment:2cfx7peh]

Building my Automotive Forum Network...
    Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum
  • g-gore
    • Oct 2008
    • 3.6.x

Funny you wrote that... I just tested the same exact import and got the same issues - on top of that - custom fields didn't import.

Comment

• joeychgo
      • Mar 2004

But we don't have any answers....

Building my Automotive Forum Network...
      Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum - Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Question - if you manually delete the line like
        Code:
        [attachment=2:2cfx7peh]e2.jpg[/attachment:2cfx7peh]
        From the post, and re-save, does the attachment then appear in the post?

My thought is perhaps the phpbb attachment bbcode is not compatible with VB 4, but I know VB will not show an attachment if it detects attachment bbcode link in the post.

My guess is the code in the post is invalid but stopping the attachment from showing.

If the manual edit works it will be an issue of using cleaner.php in the tools folder to fix or remove the phpbb attachment bbcode from each post.

Comment

• g-gore
          • Oct 2008
          • 3.6.x

With my import, the attachments' code is not posted in posts, but I can edit and manage them for each post. Once I post them inline, the images are not being displayed - I'm getting links to files.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

I understand that. What about what I asked? If you remove the phbbp attachment code from the post and re-save the post. What happens then?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...