• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jakobility
    • Aug 2010
    • 4.2.X

Figure out whether any users were removed

Hi,

recently I did an import from IPB 3.4.3. On module "004 Import user" I activated the option "Would you like to associated imported users with existing users if the email address matches?"

But I had some troubles afterwards, so I clicked on "Database cleanup and restart" --> "To delete the import session and all imported data for a clean retry, click here."

Now I'm wondering if any users were removed as a result, because in the vBulletin manual it says:
    If you have associated or merged users, the original vBulletin users will now have a importuserid, re-running the import user module will delete these users, if you don't have any associated users this isn't an issue.
    How can I ensure that none of my old users was removed?
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Check the members listed in the admincp? If you want you can restart the entire import

Comment

• jakobility
      • Aug 2010
      • 4.2.X

You mean I should have memorized all my 1900 users?

I did a database backup before the import. Now I just want to figure out if this backup contains users which don't exist anymore in my forums right now.

Comment

• Zachery
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Jul 2002

Hard to tell, easier to check, or redo the import.

Comment

• jakobility
          • Aug 2010
          • 4.2.X

Sure, I can redo the import as often as I want. Don't know if you understand my problem.

- I imported 900 users from forum A to forum B.
          - Forum B already has 1900 users.
          - During the import (module 004) I merged users from forum A and B, if they had the same email address.
          - I deleted all imported data afterwards and now I'm wondering if any users who were registered in forum B before, are lost.

Can't I compare the backup sql-file with my current database to check whether there were users removed?

edit: Okay, I finally managed it to recover all lost users. To do this while keeping the posts which were written since the backup, I had to install a test installation with my backup, imported everything from the test forums to my live forums using impex and deleted all duplicates afterwards.
          Last edited by jakobility; Wed 3 Jul '13, 6:24am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...