Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kylocke
    • Sep 2012

Impex VB4 - mysql error: Link-ID false

I am trying to run PHPBB3 -> VB4, I installed ImpEx and ran it. Initially I got an error about trying to create the errorlog table, but found a solution to that. When I ran it again, I get the following error:

I am not entirely sure what its telling me to know why there is an issue:

ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error:

Date: Friday 28th 2013f June 2013 03:51:26 PM
    Database: vbulletin3_phpbb
    MySQL error:
  • Kylocke
    • Sep 2012

Nevermind on this. I found a lot of resources by searching Google. Searching directly on the site turned up 0 results.

Comment

• Kylocke
      • Sep 2012

Well, after going through all the posts, I still have the error.

The credentials work, as they are the same credentials set up for the forum to work, which works.
      I checked the max sql connections allowed, and its set to 151, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I ran the test script found here: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/t...t_mysql_linkid and that connected fine. I am not sure what information I could provide to be helpful, or what else I can do on my end to fix.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Kylocke
          • Sep 2012

You can mark this resolved. The error ended up being the password. Even though it looked fine, those test I ran were not with those credentials and I had a special character that I couldn't see when I copied the password over to the file.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...