X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • QFIT
    • Dec 2011
    • 4.2.x

Import stops

I'm importing 50,000 posts. About 6,000-7,000 posts into the import, it just stops. No error message. Nothing in the PHP error log. If I import a different set of posts, same thing. I have upped the PHP memory and execution time and rebooted to make certain they took hold. Is there any way to find out where/why it gets stuck?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Increase your PHP Timeout values. Increase your MYSQL Timeout values. Increase your Apache timeout values. Most things expect a script to finish in less than 30 seconds.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• QFIT
      • Dec 2011
      • 4.2.x

PHP timeout is set to one hour.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

Yes but your MySQL and Apache timeouts also have to be set appropriately.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• QFIT
          • Dec 2011
          • 4.2.x

PHP execution time is one hour. I don't see how MySQL could timeout. Not running Apache. I upped the IIS timeout to one hour and the IIS Application Pool timeout to 40 minutes. No good. It runs for about 10-12 minutes and then either halts or gets a 500 Internal server error. Usually, it just stops. Timeouts should cause errors anyhow.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
            vBulletin Support
            • Aug 2002
            • 5.7.X

For the time of the Internal Server Error, what is showing in the PHP error logs?
            Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• QFIT
              • Dec 2011
              • 4.2.x

OK, I got further. If you are running FASTCGI, which everyone using IIS does, FASTCGI has an additional timeout. This is fixed in IIS 7 by:

C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\appcmd set config -section:system.webServer/fastCgi "-[fullPath='C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\php-cgi.exe'].activityTimeout:3600"

This fixes the internal server error. I still have the problem with the import stopping with no error. However, I can get about 30,000 posts imported before the hang. There is no error on the hang. No error in the PHP error log either.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

Are you using the non-threadsafe version of PHP? What version of PHP are you using?

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• QFIT
                  • Dec 2011
                  • 4.2.x

Non-threadsafe. PHP 5.3.10. The site works fine. It's Impex that is having a problem.

Comment

• QFIT
                    • Dec 2011
                    • 4.2.x

I think I just haven't pumped up the numbers enough. One hour is too short.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...