• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • geovadim
    • May 2003
    • 3.7.x

Import vbulletin new posts and threads in an old database

Hello,

I have a problem and I am searching for the best support for it, that means from you, even if I know it will not be for free.

I had a major server problem in November 2012. I lost one year of posts, I was forced to restore a database from October 2011. Now, in May 2013 I got back the database from November 2012.

What I would like to do is take the new posts I have now (Nov. 2012 - until May 2013) and import them inside the Noevember 2012 old database.

I would like to import not only the new created threads, but also the new posts from threads opened befeore November 2012.

Is that possible? I count to your support as I wand to by vbulletin 5 after that maneuver.

I also sent an e-mail to vbulletin about this issue.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

This is not possible via Impex- it would require custom coding of an experienced developer to achieve this. We do not allow the soliciting of paid requests on this forum. There is a "Request for Paid Services" forum on vBulletin.org that paid help can be requested. It is the only forum we have that allows soliciting of paid support.

​Please read all the stickies in that forum before posting. Remember we do not pre-screen anyone responding to you so do your research.

Other customers sometimes find 3rd party free lance sites or other webmaster type forums to hire people capable of a project like this.

It goes without saying be sure you have backed up all databases, multiple times, before attempting anything like this.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...