X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ringnews24
    • Nov 2012
    • 4.2.x

Joining another VBulletin forum

I have a chance of joining another VBulletin forum with my own. How easy is it to join another forum to my exisiting one?

What are the first steps of the process, the other forum asked me whats the next step?

I persume it is to get a copy of there vbulletin database?

I am not confident of doing this and I dont want to make any mistakes, is there a guide available in joining two vbulletin forums?
    Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
    www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.
  • ringnews24
    • Nov 2012
    • 4.2.x

More info:

My forum is Vbulletin 4.2

The other forum is Version 4.1.8
    Ringnews24's KO Boxing Forum
    www.koboxingforum.com

I'd like to thank all the staff and members who have helped me on the VBulletin help forum. The help so far has been much appreciated.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
      vBulletin Support
      • Aug 2002
      • 5.7.X

You will need a copy of their database as it will need to be hosted on your server to use Impex. You will also need to check where they store attachments - if it's in the filesystem, you'll need a copy of those also on your server to be able to import the attachments that go with it.

Then, run Impex as normal as per the manual.

I'd seriously consider running a test import on a copy of your live site first though to make sure that you're comfortable with it and highlight any potential issues that may crop up. For more on creating a test site, please see this guide:

When a new version of vBulletin comes out, there's always a clamour for people to be one of the first up and running with the latest version. While in the case of
      Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...