X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Capt C Ray
    • Sep 2011
    • 4.0.x

really confused now

Not going to go into the long story, but I have had to go back to square one converting my site from phpBB3 to vBulletin 4.2.
    I thought I had made notes covering all my issues I encountered the first time, including the one about editing line 271 of the index.php file changing the word TYPE to ENGINE. I thought I remembered this was the main cause of receiving the following error on initial entry into the import process:

ImpEx Database error

mysql error: Link-ID == false, connect failed

mysql error:

Date: Sunday 24th 2013f March 2013 07:49:30 PM

Database: source

MySQL error:

What did I miss? I did fresh downloads of the Impex files.
    Thanks for your time.
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

That error relates to the MySQL connection to either your vBulletin or phpBB3 database - double check the connection information in the ImpexConfig.php file and try again.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Capt C Ray
      • Sep 2011
      • 4.0.x

You're correct. Silly error on my part. Now when I click on the 'import' button, I get the following:
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]n60078[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Sorry, can't see the attachment...
        Vote for:

Comment

• Capt C Ray
          • Sep 2011
          • 4.0.x

I can click on the 'a' and see it. First try at doing an attachment.

But never mind. I think I have found the error of my ways. Being new to all of this, sometimes it helps to write things out, trying to figure out where I went wrong. And all of a sudden, you remember something, go and look, and bingo. That's my problem. Hopefully, I have a handle on this now.

Thanks for your time, patience, and understanding.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Please use the Share Photos tab of the editor. There is currently an issue with viewing attachments if you're not the owner.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Capt C Ray
              • Sep 2011
              • 4.0.x

Well, I am still having the issue. Here is the attachment of the screen shot of what I see when I click on the import tab:

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                Vote for:

Comment

• Capt C Ray
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 4.0.x

I went and double checked all my settings, but did not work. But as I stated, I had recopied the full forum and deleted and reloaded the database from my 'live' version, but could only get to the point of the screen shot I supplied. I was trying a few things this morning before submitting the ticket and I clicked on the 'database cleanup & restart'. And wouldn't you know it, it actually worked this time. I read the options and figured I had nothing to loose, so I selected the 'delete session' option. When I returned to the import page, wouldn't you know it, I got the 'installed importers' page. Seems I got lucky and solved my own issue. Hopefully I am good to go now. Will know that once I run a backup.
                  Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...