X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riarry
    • Feb 2013
    • 4.2.X

SMF 2.0.4 -> vBulletin 4.2 Level3. Can not import Forums

I trying to migrate from a SMF to vBulletin. Everything wents well, User, pm, threads, posts... all of them are now in the vBulletin database and the user/usdergoups are shown in the Admin CP. The only thing which do not work is importing the Forums. Impex read them correctly (everything's green) but the imported forums doesn't appears in Admin CP. Also in the forums table just the forums which I've created myself in Admin CP are shown.

It seems that impex doesn't write the ofrums in the database. How can I solve this problem?

Next issue: Since I've used Impex I'll get this error on my forum (only forum.php):
    Warning: number_format() expects parameter 1 to be double, string given in [path]/includes/functions.php on line 844

• ssgdarksnipe
    • May 2013
    • 4.2.X

I am having this exact same problem.

impex (latest version)
    SMF 2.0.4 -> vBulletin 4.2.1

ImpEx states that 249 forums were imported. For me, the forums show up in the 'forum' table but do not show up when viewing the forum itself or in the Admin CP. I have restored both SMF and VB databases and restarted the ImpEx a few times with the same result, even naked VB installs.

-D

Comment

• ssgdarksnipe
      • May 2013
      • 4.2.X

Not sure why my reply died.

Either way, we bought Beta 5 but are using 4.2.1, migrating off of SMF 2.0.4. I have the same problem with the forums not showing up on the view as well as nothing in the Admin CP. However, we do see them in the database's 'forum' table.

-D

Comment

• ssgdarksnipe
        • May 2013
        • 4.2.X

Some of the things I have tried:

Manually mapping child/parent lists
        Change importforumid
        Change importcategoryid

Checked impex inserts, check admincp/files and include/files for any select errors. I'm not seeing how it's not working. If I can find out where it is, I'll open a Jira ticket for it.

-D

Comment

• snakes1100
          • Aug 2001

You have to update your counters after the import for the forums to show up, but you should update all the counters after the import anyways.
          Gentoo Geek

Comment

• ssgdarksnipe
            • May 2013
            • 4.2.X

Good call, completely forgot about that. Fixed my issue.

-D

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...