How Do I Import 3.8.1 From Another Server into my 4.1.5 publishing suite forum

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You could try but that is an unsupported use of Impex. In addition doing it that way will change all your existing user, post, thread and forum ID numbers. So all posted links will no longer work, as well as search engine results from prior to this import.

What you should do is upgrade normally.

Leave a comment:

• croft
    replied
    Is there a way to import the posts from a 3.8 vb forum to the new 4.1.4 vb suite from another server ?
    As i already have my 4.1.4 forum up and running already.
    Or is it tough luck and live with it ?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As per your support ticket., do not use Impex to do this. Move the 3.8.1 forum first, then upgrade it normally.

Leave a comment:

• How Do I Import 3.8.1 From Another Server into my 4.1.5 publishing suite forum

I have a 3.8.1 vb forum (Threshold) on another server. It was actually at version 2 or something, and I recently upgraded it to 3.6 and then 3.8.1 to get it high enough to be able to import in my new new 4.1.5 publishing suite license (Frogdice).

I installed Impex on my new server (Frogdice), but I don't see how I can import via a .sql file that I backed up from my Threshold forum. It would appear that Impex assumes you have both forums running on the same site.

Can someone help me understand what I am doing wrong, and how to import my 3.8.1 database into my 4.1.5 forum?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...