Import of attached files (pictures etc) from phpBB3 to vB4 by Impex question.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin Mortensen
    • Mar 2011
    • 4.1.x

Import of attached files (pictures etc) from phpBB3 to vB4 by Impex question.

Hello.

Just bought my first vB product, and I'm looking to import my phpBB3 forum into vB4.

I have been reading a lot (all) of the Impex documentation, but can't seem to find the answer for one thing.

In my phpBB system, the attached files, pictures etc. is NOT a part of the database, but resides as files on the server in subfolders.

As far as I can see, the Impex will only import the phpBB database into the vB database, but what about all the attached files, pictures etc?, where should I place these for the import, and how do I make sure they will be a part of the import?

I must be missing something somewhere.

Thanks in advance for the help
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

When you import those, Impex will ask you for the directory where they reside. If you enter this correctly, Impex will find and import them.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Martin Mortensen
      • Mar 2011
      • 4.1.x

Beautiful, thanks for clearing that up for me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...