X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumbo-mumbo
    • Dec 2007

Tried to merge DATABAsE

hey there..
    I tried to merge two vb4 databse together...
    When i use IMPEX.. It does say that it successfully imported data.. Numbers loooks good as well..

after, I did update counters.. but I do not see any data imported.. Why is that?

Take a look at this screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitl54ed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	3719391

-------------

I lost couple of post, that i must need to recover.. therefore i gotta merge two forums...

Or can someone tell me to import data via some other way.. please

Thanks
  • Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager
    • Jul 2000

Unfortunately right now there is no vB4 to vB4 importer available in Impex. At the very least doing this would lose the attachments from the source.

If the loss of attachments is not an issue for you, then follow the 'After the Import' instructions here:

Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
      • Dec 2007

I dun care about attachment.. and i have done that already... Still no help...
      So is that mean.. there is no way i can merge those two database...

I actually, don't even need to merge them.. I just want two months of data to my old database..
      Thats all i want...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        • Jul 2000

If you don't care about the attachments, then continue following the rest of the Impex instructions.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
          • Dec 2007

i have tried everything it says on that page.. Still i do not see any change on my forum....

Comment

• Steve Machol
            • Jul 2000

What do you mean. Please be specific. Explain exactly everything you did, and what the results are.

Also please be aware that I have already told you in post #2 that there is no vB4-to-vB4 importer. If you really did follow all those instructions, then I'm afraid this is not going to work for you. The good news is that this importer is scheduled to be developed after the first of the year.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

• Carlos 360
              Banned
              • May 2008
              • 3.7.x

Originally posted by jumbo-mumbo
              i have tried everything it says on that page.. Still i do not see any change on my forum....
              Did you rebuild cache info?

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
                • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                What do you mean. Please be specific. Explain exactly everything you did, and what the results are.

Also please be aware that I have already told you in post #2 that there is no vB4-to-vB4 importer. If you really did follow all those instructions, then I'm afraid this is not going to work for you. The good news is that this importer is scheduled to be developed after the first of the year.
                okay, as you know, I am trying to merge two database... DB1 got data from starting day till oct 28... and DB2 got some missing data between first day or forum till yesterday.

Now, what i wanna do is.. Upload DB1, and then import all data after oct 28 till dec 21.

--------------
                This is what i have done..

• created test forum
                • upload DB1, and DB2
                • i made DB1 target database
                • DB2 was set as source database
                • I ran impex,
                • at the end, i import everything, but it created everything duplicate..for example, now i have double of everything...( i was hoping that its gonna skip any duplicate entry )

and thats it... now i got a database containig data from both DB1 and DB2

=====================

Now, are you saying that after 1st of next year, I will be able to import everything without any duplicate entry ?

Originally posted by Carlos 360
                Did you rebuild cache info?
                Yes, i did!!!

Comment

• snakes1100
                  • Aug 2001

mumbo,
                  1. Steve keeps telling you that for the most part, impex isn't offically supported to work when merging a vbulletin 4 database to another vbulletin 4 database.

2. If you don't want duplicate's, stage the source db and delete everything you don't want to be imported to the target, impex was never designed to check for duplication, it will import anything it finds in the source db.
                  Gentoo Geek

Comment

• jumbo-mumbo
                    • Dec 2007

@ snakes.. yea i know understood what he said, but I was just trying my luck... it doesnt hurt to try... anyways, I guess, I am gonna have to hire some programmer to get it done for me. IF you guys know anyone let me know please.

Thanks for all the help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...