Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan110112
    • Aug 2010

phpbb3 to vb4: lot of problems...

Hello, I recently purchased a license for vBulletin 4.0, and I made the transfer of the database (phpbb3) by Impex.

I encountered the following problems:
    - Attachments are not found
    - The posts are incomplete (you can see only the first words)

I intend to switch to vbulletin, but I can't do this if forum is not complete.

I'm trying other ways to import them all, but if possible I would do it with ImpEx tool... I know that other forums do it without too much problems...

Excuse me for my english.
  • Bigmuz7
    • Jul 2010
    • 4.1.x

Thats why I went back to phpBB3 just now, Impex made a mess of my data, also it changed the way the forum structure was set, it lost my subforums, and recatogorised them, they were there but just not visible untill I selected 'make forum' option, but then they werent titled properly and I couldnt change them and I just gave up in the end. There were many other problems about 4.0 which I also didnt like hopefully in time they will be sorted out
    www.plantandconstruction.co.uk

Comment

• Alan110112
      • Aug 2010

"incomplete post" problem solved: restoring the database all threads/posts appears complete.

Avatar/Attachments problem not solved yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...