• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Umit
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.8.x

Joomla & Fireboard migration too Vbulletin 3.8.5

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my fireboard to Vbulletin 3.8.5 version.
    Although this is for the VB4 version, i haven't seen a VB3 version in the forums, the reason why i open my topic here.

I can migrate my users to VBulletin 3. I can also migrate my topics and posts, but I cannot see them on my new Vbulletin Forum..
    What am I doing wrong?

Please help... thankyou

** Update:
    I can now see the posts, but the VBulletin forum does not show them on front, also the postcounts are left 0.
    Please help...

Nevermind It worked !

Forgot to use Update maintance
    Last edited by Umit; Wed 21 Apr '10, 8:55am.
  • Umit
    • Mar 2005
    • 3.8.x

Hi,

I moved from Fireboard to Vbulletin, however Impex did not succesful migrate my user information.

When I click on a user it says the user does not exist..

What could be gone wrong?

Please help...

Comment

• Recep Baltaş
      • Sep 2010
      • 4.2.X

Because there are two users table in Joomla! DB and you have to remove jos_ prefix from the second one. Check out my new guide on this:

Migrating from Kunena to Vbulletin 4.2.0!

http://www.technopat.net/forum/

Comment

• macribas
        • Jan 2012
        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by Recep Baltaş
        Because there are two users table in Joomla! DB and you have to remove jos_ prefix from the second one. Check out my new guide on this:

Migrating from Kunena to Vbulletin 4.2.0!
        Great job putting this guide together.
        I did not have to change the name of the users table, but I had to manually change the Impex scripts to replace the fb_ prefix on the tables for kunena_ .

For example, on 000.php:

ORIGINAL:
        var $_valid_tables = array (
        'fb_announcement', 'fb_attachments', 'fb_categories', 'fb_favorites', 'fb_groups', 'fb_messages', 'fb_messages_text', 'fb_moderation',
        'fb_ranks', 'fb_sessions', 'fb_smileys', 'fb_subscriptions', 'fb_users', 'fb_whoisonline'
        );

CHANGED TO:
        var $_valid_tables = array (
        'kunena_announcement', 'kunena_attachments', 'kunena_categories', 'kunena_favorites', 'kunena_groups', 'kunena_messages', 'kunena_messages_text', 'kunena_moderation',
        'kunena_ranks', 'kunena_sessions', 'kunena_smileys', 'kunena_subscriptions', 'kunena_users', 'kunena_whoisonline'
        );

There were other places in the files, of course.

What I am stuck with is the migration of the CMS content from Joomla to vB CMS. I keep getting 0 articles on Impex (using the Joomla CMS modules) although I have 180+ in Joomla. Thoughts?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...