Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigwater
    • Jan 2007

Bitwise operator

Can somebody point me to the bitwise operators I need to add to the users permissions to add Receive Admin Email and Use PM? For some reason, although these were default in the IPB import I did, all 10,266 users don't have these permissions now and I need to change it globally for existing users. I'm not fond of asking them to change their settings in the usercp if i can avoid it.
    Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.
  • ENF
    • Apr 2002

Hi,

vBulletin has canned queries for this built in to the AdminCP.

You need to your admin account to have access via the config.php to execute queries. Once, you have confirmed that you have access to run queries then do this:

AdminCP → Maintenance → Execute SQL Query

From this screen, at the very top there is a drop down menu [Automatic Query] with canned queries. Use those options to enable the features you wish to change.

Good Luck.

Side Note: Be sure that you have enabled the permissions in the user group as well for these functions, mainly Private Message. Just cross-check there as well while doing this task. (Ignore this if you already did this...)
    To be updated...

Comment

• bigwater
      • Jan 2007

DOH.... thanks for the reminder. I knew that... honestly I did. I've just been so brain damaged from the two day migration process that I was trying to make it harder than it needed to be. It's all handled now. Thanks again.
      Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...