Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShaunR
    • Mar 2010

Am i missing somthing here..

I just did a test import of 2.5M posts with about 140K threads. I can see the forums, cannot see any of the threads or posts. Am i missing some kind of step, i can see them in the post table of vb so i know they are in there...

Import was from phpbb 3.0.6
    NDCHost.com <-- We support vbulletin installs!
  • borbole
    • Feb 2010

Originally posted by ShaunR
    I just did a test import of 2.5M posts with about 140K threads. I can see the forums, cannot see any of the threads or posts. Am i missing some kind of step, i can see them in the post table of vb so i know they are in there...

Import was from phpbb 3.0.6
    Go to the Acp-Forums&Moderators-Forum Manager and when editing the settings for each forum set Default View Age to Show all threads.

Comment

• goyo
      • Dec 2002

Also Update Counters in Admincp Maintenance block.

Comment

• ShaunR
        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by borbole
        Go to the Acp-Forums&Moderators-Forum Manager and when editing the settings for each forum set Default View Age to Show all threads.
        Thanks that took care of it. Now to track down a bug where impex doesnt seam to be importing over guest usernames properly.

Comment

• borbole
          • Feb 2010

Originally posted by ShaunR
          Thanks that took care of it. Now to track down a bug where impex doesnt seam to be importing over guest usernames properly.
          You are welcome.

What do you mean by guests usernames, that aren''t being imported properly btw?

Comment

• ShaunR
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by borbole
            You are welcome.

What do you mean by guests usernames, that aren''t being imported properly btw?
            Well my forum is some what a odd ball setup. There was a large existing vbulletin forum that was about to go offline. This forum had a ton of good info and many people didnt want to see all that info lost. So I did a recursive get on the archive section of the forum and then wrote a script that would parse these archives and store them into a phpbb forum. Since i didnt have any real registered users all the posts had to be as a guest (or in phpbb's case anonymous) but you can specify a guest username (just like you can in vbulletin). My guess that phpbb had support for this since you could allow posting as a unregistered user and could probably just choose your own username.

Anyway, i still have a ton of posts that are owned by guests. So, impex does go through and import all these but it imports them with the name guest (because it forgets to grab into from phpbb). I already fixed the thread import, the posts should be easy too. Once i'm done i will submit my fix's to vbulletin.

Comment

• ShaunR
              • Mar 2010

Here's my patch, honestly i'm not sure if it's truly a bug. It could be that my custom import made phpbb work in a way it normally wouldnt allow. Either way, the impex code (get_id) returns guest if the user id is 0, but thats all it does... It doesnt go and check if the username field has a value and to use that value if it does. Also in my case guests are not 0, they are id 1 which at least with my install is the default anonymous user. Eitherway, i'm going to submit this to vb because i think they should implement it anyway so that names transfer. If you really wanted to stop Guest from being placed in the username field you should also check the return value of get_id for "Guest"

Code:
              diff -dNuar impex/systems/phpBB3/006.php impex.fixed/systems/phpBB3/006.php
              --- impex/systems/phpBB3/006.php        2010-03-18 11:45:48.000000000 -0700
              +++ impex.fixed/systems/phpBB3/006.php  2010-03-22 08:11:25.000000000 -0700
              @@ -144,6 +144,9 @@
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'postusername',      $data['topic_first_poster_name']);
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'postuserid',        $idcache->get_id('user', $data['topic_poster']));
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'views',             $data['topic_views']);
              +         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'lastposter', $data['topic_last_poster_name']);
              +         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'lastposterid', $idcache->get_id('user', $data['topic_last_poster_id']));
              +         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'lastpost', $data['topic_last_post_time']);

// Check if object is valid
              diff -dNuar impex/systems/phpBB3/008.php impex.fixed/systems/phpBB3/008.php
              --- impex/systems/phpBB3/008.php        2010-03-18 11:45:48.000000000 -0700
              +++ impex.fixed/systems/phpBB3/008.php  2010-03-22 09:28:49.000000000 -0700
              @@ -130,7 +130,13 @@
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'title',                     $data["post_subject"]);
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'pagetext',                  $this->html_2_bb($this->phpbb3_html($data["post_text"], $truncated_smilies)));
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'dateline',                  $data["post_time"]);
              -          $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username',                  $idcache->get_id('username', $data['poster_id']));
              +          if($idcache->get_id('username', $data['poster_id']) == "0") {
              +           $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username', $data['post_username']);
              +          } elseif($idcache->get_id('username', $data['poster_id']) == "Guest") {
              +           $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username', $data['post_username']);
              +          } else {
              +           $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'username',                 $idcache->get_id('username', $data['poster_id']));
              +          }
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'parentid',                  "0"); // Wheres the threadding gone ?
                         $try->set_value('nonmandatory', 'importpostid',              $import_id);

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...