Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FBChris
    • Jan 2008

Importing CMS comments

I wonder whether or not it is possible to import the comments for the CMS.

So far I see Drupal - CMS (6), Joomla - CMS (1.5) en Wordpress - CMS (2.9.1) are being supported but without comments.

The latest update to Impex is from februari 8, which is already more than a month ago.

Is there any news on further updates on the impex systeem regarding CMS Article and comment import?
  • cmeinck
    • Aug 2004

+1 I'd like to find that out myself.

Comment

• amaiman
      • Jan 2004

Doesn't look good. And CMS import doesn't work anyway, the Drupal importer consistently imports zero stories. I have an open ticket on it which has been ignored for the last two weeks.

I think VB needs to give Jerry more hours, I've heard he's only part-time which is why Impex development is so slow...

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

I've done several imports here that work so I'm still confused as to why the nodes are missing. Comments I can look at.

Also I'm (obviously) not on the forums as much as I used to be, and the support system has always been the official way of getting hold of me.
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• amaiman
          • Jan 2004

I just updated my support ticket with some more information. Unfortunately the test failed even on a clean server with clean installations of everything.

Comment

• amaiman
            • Jan 2004

Another two weeks have passed; still no fix. (Jerry only responds to my ticket once a week; when I tried to escalate the ticket I was told that nobody else could help me)

Looks like I'm going to have to give up on importing my old site CMS content to vBulletin. Very disappointing. I'm not going to be able to recommend this product to anyone who needs to import an old site, and I don't think VB has provided what I paid for when I bought a license...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...