X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WoodburyMan
    • Mar 2010
    • 5.7.X

phpBB 3.0.6 Imports Creates Multiple Users

Hello! First time posting on here. Currently I am in the testing cycle of importing our medium sized car forum into vBul. While running the import session, after taking about an hour to go through the entire process, and after resyncing all forum data and such, I noticed something odd. On our phpBB 3.0.6 install, we have ~4,500 registered users. (And about 100 inactive accounts) in our phpBB3 database. When vBul imports using Impex, it creates some-odd 18,000 users. In the import, I do not allocate any specific users to user ID's, and I have tried the process with with and without the email matching option for user import. I originally tried importing this into vB 4.0, but after this issues tried vB 3.8 and it did the exact same thing. What will happen is in user manager, there will be one username, example WoodburyMan (Mine).. then there will be any where from 1 to 10 usernames with the username ImportedWoodburyMan with the same post count, email, everything. Some user accounts are not doubled, and some have MANY duplicates.

Our phpBB install originally started off as a phpBB2 install many years ago and I inherited the site about a year ago and have been just upgrading amount phpBB3 series since. Also, our user ID #'s are up over 18,000. Example, if you register on our phpBB3 install you get a user ID in the 18,000's. We've had many users over the year, but they have all been deleted over time (Mostly inactivate accounts that have been deleted.In the import process i do see it go all the way up to 18,000's.

Any suggestions on how to fix this import problem will be greatly appriciated. If any more information is needed please let me know.
  • Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

Are you sure the phpbb users have actually been removed from the database?

Comment

• WoodburyMan
      • Mar 2010
      • 5.7.X

100%. They don't show up in the user list and the stats say ~4,500 users. Also, what appears is the imported user list is the 4,500 duplicated.. not old users. I've even verified to make sure they were gone by going into phpMyAdmin and looking at the table, and there only ~4,600 rows.

Comment

• WoodburyMan
        • Mar 2010
        • 5.7.X

Bump! This is a major hurtle for us, we can't import our users like this . I could always go through and manually delete all extra like 14,000 users... but it would take a very very long time.

Comment

• dicegame
          • Nov 2007

We get the same issue. 2000 members on our ipb forum (i checked the ipb database user table too). 6000 ~ in vbulletin. Nothing shows up on member section.

Comment

• Zachery
            Former vBulletin Support
            • Jul 2002

dice, define member section?

Comment

• dicegame
              • Nov 2007

I've noticed it only shows 1 member on the list (I'm refering to my forum, that link above is merely a reference to where I'm talking about). This is the 1 vbulletin user account we had before doing the integration. So I think the only issues I can see right now are:

1. Members are not showing up in the memberlist.
              2. My member count has tripled.

Comment

• WoodburyMan
                • Mar 2010
                • 5.7.X

The memberlisting problem occurs with my install as well. However, if a user changes or edits their password and login they will then show up on the memberlist.

Yes, I ran all the recounting / syncing things after impex.

Glad to know someone else is having this issue. Hopefully we can move forward on it. I've been stuck for almost a week.

Comment

• dicegame
                  • Nov 2007

Yea, I've tried importing multiple times receiving the same issues at this stage. Good to see that if someone else logs in it shows up on the memberlist. Maybe there is an issue with the cache not updating the memberlist.

I will continue to look deeper into the issue as I'm trying to get my forums up soon.

Edit: Update.

Just took a look through the database and I know why users are getting tripled.

I have a user with username: xxxxx
                  below this in my vb user table i have
                  imported_xxxxx
                  imported_xxxxx

What I do notice is that the password is different for each of these rows in the database even though they are essentially the same user.

There are also members imported that have the exact same username.

So my conclusion...i've got no idea why its happening.
                  Last edited by dicegame; Sat 13 Mar '10, 12:25am.

Comment

• WoodburyMan
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 5.7.X

Exact same issue I have LOL. Say their username is UserNam.. I have a couple users with the name UserName and a few with imported_UserName. They are entirely seperate users from what I can tell.

Comment

• DaPro
                      • Dec 2003

Also having this issue with phpBB 3.0.6. No matter what it will import users twice. Not all of them, but some. This is extremely annoying and has held off a major migration on our part. I hope a fix for this bug will be released soon.
                      SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services
                      I am sorry, but I no longer support vBulletin Integrations :(

Comment

• WoodburyMan
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 5.7.X

Agreed it's also holding a major migration off to for us after our site donated, and we paid, for the vB license.

Comment

• DaPro
                          • Dec 2003

Fixed my issue in a very odd way.

So, what I essentially did was find all users who had 0 posts, I wanted to just delete them all since they really served no purpose and most of them were spammers regardless. So I pruned them all and once I did this for some odd reason, a lot of imported users were gone and most of the users had been merged on the forum. Not sure why or how, but they did. I did another search of all users with "imported_" and found a few more still around, most of which had 0 posts luckily. So I went in and removed all of them and found only a handful with any posts attached to them. I merged the remaining few and DONE. So, I am not sure if that will help anyone, but it did what I needed to do in a weird sort of way .
                          SwiftModders - Professional Web Design Services
                          I am sorry, but I no longer support vBulletin Integrations :(

Comment

• WoodburyMan
                            • Mar 2010
                            • 5.7.X

How many users did your forum have during the import?

I have already gone through and pruned all users who have not logged in in over 6mo on my board who have 0 posts and no nice =/ Still 1,000's of double users.

Comment

• Lampoon
                              • Oct 2009

If we cant import the PHPBB site (data) successfully into vBull then we cant use your
                              software. What info do you need to solve this issue?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...