Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amaiman
    • Jan 2004

Importing stories from Drupal 6 does nothing

Has anyone successfully imported CMS stories from Drupal 6? I tried running it, but all I receive is this:
    Importing 0 nodes

It then ends with 0 stories imported.

What I'm actually trying to do is import from PHP-Nuke, but since that's not coming anytime soon, I successfully migrated from Nuke to Drupal 5 and then upgraded to Drupal 6. I now have a Drupal 6 site with all of the stories from my PHP-Nuke site. (It's a clean install with no hacks, and I can view and interact with all of my story nodes and comments from Drupal). When I try to use the ImpEx Drupal 6 module, it goes through the user import successfully and then does nothing on the stories.

Any ideas? I really need to get this import working, I bought my vBulletin license a few months ago, and this lack of CMS import is preventing me from actually switching over. I was able to get the forums import to work reasonably well (everything except for avatars) since Nuke's forums are really phpBB2 (had to manually rename a bunch of tables and otherwise force the process, but it did ultimately work).
  • ercule
    • Feb 2008
    • 4.1.x

phpnuke to vbulletin

I have no solution to your problem but I am in the same process as you: migrating from phpnuke to vBulletin.
    My choice was to migrate first to wordpress (only stories, and only one admin user), then to vBulletin with impex.
    It's almost done on a test forum, with quite a lot of additional sql queries (update join) to get all I want.( correct authorname and userid for each story, correct views, etc)
    In my test I only needed to import stories (not users who are already in vBulletin, no comment as they were extensively spammed in phpnuke). Categories are not yet supported by impex at the moment, so I will have to edit that manually I guess, unless a new impex version comes out.

Comment

• amaiman
      • Jan 2004

Ok, did some more fiddling today. My conclusion is that the Drupal 6 CMS import module is currently not working properly. I assumed there must have been some problems with my previous imports into Drupal 6, so I did an experiment. I installed a completely clean Drupal 6 installation from scratch and did not import any data into it. I created a user and several stories from within Drupal. I then tried to import this database into vBulletin using impex. Same results, zero stories imported.

I'm going to go ahead and enter a support ticket about this now.
      Last edited by amaiman; Wed 3 Mar '10, 12:38pm.

Comment

• amaiman
        • Jan 2004

It's been two weeks since there's been any update to my support ticket...

Comment

• amaiman
          • Jan 2004

And another two weeks. I get an occasional response once a week, but still no resolution.

vBulletin needs to hire someone to actually do impex development instead of telling me that only Jerry can handle it when I tried to escalate the ticket. Jerry apparently does not work during business hours since I only get ticket responses from him on Saturday and Sunday nights.

If you're planning to buy a license and are planning on importing from another software system, keep this in mind before you buy.

If I don't get this resolved this week, I'm going to start going higher up the management chain in my attempt to get this escalated/resolved.

Comment

• The Rocketeer
            • Jun 2010

Did u even get this solved ? I dont think Jerry keeps up the pace as much as the rest of VB development goes, no CMS Support

Comment

• amaiman
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Rocketeer
              Did u even get this solved ? I dont think Jerry keeps up the pace as much as the rest of VB development goes, no CMS Support
              Nope, I gave up. He kept writing back once a week saying it was fixed, but it never worked, even when I tried it on a clean server/clean installation. They don't have any full-time developers working on impex and I've gotten the sense that VB management doesn't care about the feature. They already have our money.

Comment

• The Rocketeer
                • Jun 2010

Originally posted by amaiman
                Nope, I gave up. He kept writing back once a week saying it was fixed, but it never worked, even when I tried it on a clean server/clean installation. They don't have any full-time developers working on impex and I've gotten the sense that VB management doesn't care about the feature. They already have our money.
                You know, I agree with you, Look at these ImpEX forums, NO SUpport!! They have this Jerry guy who's Im not even sure if hes doing his Job Right. 6 Months to have CMS Support = 0? I mean this is a sick joke VBs playing on us, We Paid for a Publishing Suite, what we got was a half baked software that makes promises it cant keep. At least not timely to be worth while.

Now Im stuck and I dont know how to switch to VB, I tried Joomla > Drupal > VB // Nope.. NO CMS SUPPORT>

I tried to import Dupal 6 to Vbulletin, Didnt work..Same Error....

Importing 0 nodes

0 stories imported.

Comment

• Chris27
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 5.0.X

I just purchased vBulletin 4.0 Publishing Suite and want to move from Drupal 6 to vB CMS and Forums. I used impex and ran into the same problems described above. Is there seriously no fix for this issue?
                  Chris Connaker

Founder
                  Computer Audiophile

Comment

• Steve Machol
                    Former Customer Support Manager
                    • Jul 2000

Fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP in the 'Sensitive Data' field.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• amaiman
                      • Jan 2004

Good luck with that. I did exactly that months ago (support ticket), and all support did was insist that it "worked for them" even though it never did on my server or a completely clean new testing server.

Impex is broken and there doesn't appear to be anyone actually working on it or who knows how to fix it.

Let me know how your ticket goes. If they don't fix it, I encourage you to pursue a refund on your purchase price.

Comment

• GT-
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 3.5.x

Has there been a solution to this yet?

I've downloaded the ImpEx scripts and already had to make a code change to keep up with MySQL 5.5, only to discover the same issue?

My source on this occasion is vbDrupal, which is based on Drupal 5, not 6!

Comment

• GT-
                          • Nov 2005
                          • 3.5.x

Has there been a solution to this yet?

I've downloaded the ImpEx scripts and already had to make a code change to keep up with MySQL 5.5, only to discover the same issue?

My source on this occasion is vbDrupal, which is based on Drupal 5, not 6!

Comment

• amaiman
                            • Jan 2004

None that I've heard about. I last tried a month or two ago, it was still behaving exactly the same (nothing imported). I wouldn't hold your breath. My current plan is to ditch the VB CMS altogether and use Drupal for CMS, and just use VB for forums. There's no easy way to do that, though, and I haven't had time to write code for it, so my site is indefinitely stalled on the transition. So far my VB license has been a big waste of money...

Comment

• Chris27
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 5.0.X

Hi Guys - I'm back to trying this again. So far I've found the CMS import broken as usual. However, the Forum import seems to import all my Drupal CMS categories. It would be nice to know what the difference is between importing to the vB forum or vB CMS and other things surrounding impex and Drupal.

Anyone know of a guide?
                              Chris Connaker

Founder
                              Computer Audiophile

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...