Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNN
    • Jul 2006

4.0.2 and phpBB2 import error

Attempting to import users from phpBB2 to vBulletin 4.0.2 seems to fail and say 0 users were imported?

Is this an error? I looked in 004.php and it didn't seem like anything was wrong...
  • rr2000
    • Feb 2010

Same problem. From " Import usergroup" module onwards, I'm just getting 'using includes/config.php' and that's it. Nothing more!

Comment

• Gotmian
      • May 2007
      • 3.6.x

Same problem here...

...but for importing to 3.8*

Is there a bug or something here? Did the script get an update, a couple of months ago I was able to use it...

Comment

• 3ngin33r1
        • Mar 2010

I am also experiencing the same problem. I don't really get an error, just a mostly blank page like it's supposed to do something but never does. If I refresh it, then I get 0 of 0 but all other modules appear to import fine and I can see all the users if I run the associate module.

Comment

• Gotmian
          • May 2007
          • 3.6.x

...so, what i did was to actually change server... (LOL).

Apparently, at the first server the memory limit (i guess, i don't know for sure) was too low, and as a result the script would try to execute and cause this error.
          One way to work around this, but I don't know if you will be able to do the whole thing, is to ask it to process the files in small, really small, batches.

So instead of doing 2000 posts per cycle, try 100.... etc.
          Will take A LOT MORE time, but worked with me up to the point where I had to import the attachments.... There, I had 12,000 files, 1,3GB total size, so the thing kept failing no matter what.... so I changed to another host

Good luck, I hope I helped.

Comment

• 3ngin33r1
            • Mar 2010

I don't think this is a server line limit issue. I always keep my cycles low when testing, about 1,000 lines per minute (the server has a 75k/hour limit). The user import feature turns out nothing when run. It doesn't even say 0 of 0 unless I hit F5, then it flashes quickly and I'm back to the menu to rerun the process.

Comment

• 3ngin33r1
              • Mar 2010

If I click on Import Users, this is what I get after confirming the cycles and other options:

ImpEx build version : 1.96
              Database cleanup & restart ||| Online manual
              Using includes/config.php for target config.

And it just hangs there. if I click on the Import link in the left pane again, I get this:

ImpEx build version : 1.96
              Database cleanup & restart ||| Online manual
              Using includes/config.php for target config.

Importing 0 Users

And then it drops me back to the ImpEx Action menu again.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...