Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aleksander
    • Jun 2007

Can I use it this way?

Hi guys I need to import 2 kind of data into VB4 I would like to know if Impex can do this:

1. As I am having issues upgrading my old 3.8.4 version of vb to the new VB4 (please refer to http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...not-only-forum), I would like to import only forum data to the new VB forum. There's a way to do this?
    2. I would like to import all my news and reviews into the CMS system. But my actual system is made by our developer so we're not using a CMS like wordpress, joomla, etc.

bye
  • aleksander
    • Jun 2007

No help?

Comment

• aleksander
      • Jun 2007

Ok I've managed to import the old forum with Impex. Now the problem is my CMS. Maybe I can import it in Wordpress and then into VB4? Maybe wordpress has a much "open minded" importing system

Comment

• Lynne
        Former vBulletin Support
        • Oct 2004

Originally posted by aleksander
        Maybe I can import it in Wordpress and then into VB4? Maybe wordpress has a much "open minded" importing system
        If you have a custom CMS, and you know you can import it into Wordpress, then that is probably your best best. Of course, try this on a test site first to see what, if any, issue arise after the two imports.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• aleksander
          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Lynne
          If you have a custom CMS, and you know you can import it into Wordpress, then that is probably your best best. Of course, try this on a test site first to see what, if any, issue arise after the two imports.
          Yep obviously all is still testing. Beside that I have to do a lot to place the line break for preview, all the screenshots attached etc. Maybe is faster to edit directly the VB4 database on the CMS section.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...