Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xDazedx
    • Feb 2010

User import

I am working on importing almost 5k users from phpbb3. Right now I have 54 failures and I am not sure why. I am also seeing some incorrect names on posts. What should I be looking for to correct these? Also are passwords imported???

Finally I have imported smilies over and then copied the images over from the other forum. However avatars seem to be an issue. I have tried full path ie /home/user/public_HTML/ as well as from public_html on. What might I be missing here??

PPHBB3 latest Version to VBB 4.01

Thanks
    Last edited by xDazedx; Mon 1 Feb '10, 2:40pm.
  • Jerry
    • Dec 2002
    • 1.1.x

Originally posted by xDazedx
    I am working on importing almost 5k users from phpbb3. Right now I have 54 failures and I am not sure why. I am also seeing some incorrect names on posts. What should I be looking for to correct these?
    They are valid fails are they are bot accounts in the standard phpBB3 install, look at the beginning of the source user table.
    Also are passwords imported???
    Nope.
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

• xDazedx
      • Feb 2010

Thanks Jerry. Any idea why I can't get avatars over?? Also what is the story with passwords? Phpbb uses md5 I believe. What does vbulletin use? That is really a pain lol.

Comment

• Jerry
        • Dec 2002
        • 1.1.x

Typically because the path that is given to local avatars isn't correct of if they are remote, PHP ( fopen() ) can't open remote URLs.

Passwords : http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_passwords
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...