X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Birute
    • Nov 2008
    • 3.7.x

Using Impex to import vBulletin 3.8.4

I downloaded the Impex, unzipped it. Looking in the folder called systems, which folder matchesvBulletin® Version 3.8.4?
    There is vb3, vBB, phpBB3.........?

I know, this is another blonde moment.
  • King Kovifor
    • Nov 2004
    • 3.7.x

vb3

Comment

• Birute
      • Nov 2008
      • 3.7.x

Okay let me make sure I have this straight.
      1- I can't do a Suite database backup from the admincp, the option is not displayed under Maintenance and I can't find that option anywhere in the admincp.
      2- I cannot import the vBulletin 3.8.4 backup of the live forum because:
      Note:
      At this time, vBulletin does not provide any means to import a backup in the control panel. We recommend using SSH and mysql. If this is not possible, you may try a tool such as phpMyAdmin.
      3- So I have to do a restore from a backup of the live 3.8.4.
      4- I can't do a restore from backup without first backing up the test Suite.
      5- Refer to item #1
      6- Open a Support Ticket to sort this out.

This is now getting to the bizarre stage.

Comment

• icarusforde
        • Feb 2009
        • 3.8.x

Hold on, can you clarify - what are you doing? Importing 3.8.4 to another vB install?

Comment

• Birute
          • Nov 2008
          • 3.7.x

I set up a test site for the Suite 4.0.0 PL1 so it would be all test run before going live. I need to load up this test site with the forum database 3.8.4.
          So I have a new download and install of Suite 4.0.0 PL1 sitting in a test folder that has been built to look exactly like the live 3.8.4 forum. What I need to do is to put the 3.8.4 forum database, all the users, posts, pictures, everything into the test Suite 4.0.0 PL1. When that is done, then more fixing of the layout and permissions to eventually become live. To replace the 3.8.4 forum with the Suite 4.0.0 PL1.

Comment

• Birute
            • Nov 2008
            • 3.7.x

Got it all sorted out, set up the test sit with the same version as the live forum, got the server tech to restore the sql file. Then disabled all add-ons, reverted to the default format. The install of 4.0.0 went perfect.
            The instructions by Wayne Luke and the LastSuperman were a great help.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...